Crown PE 4500-80:
Rollpins

I am having a really hard time and unable to remove the rollpins from the load wheels? Any advise to the trick on these ones
  • Posted 4 Mar 2021 09:10
  • Discussion started by Kevin_Barnhill
  • Colorado, United States
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
Load wheel issues.my best advice is good set of roll pin punches, good penetrating spray, small propane torch, and patience.took me twenty years to learn the patience part lol good luck bro
  • Posted 15 Mar 2021 04:47
  • Reply by forkliftpete
  • Ontario, Canada
6mm might be Yale... anyway you want a punch that fits exactly, a little too small and it will expand the pin.
  • Posted 5 Mar 2021 01:46
  • Reply by lumberjack
  • Maryland, United States
Nothing beats standing up when doing load wheel roll pins. If you trust your driving and the truck is in good working order, I like to drive the forks off the dock and lift to full height. Also, the exact size pin punch matters. It might be 6mm on Crown.
  • Posted 5 Mar 2021 01:42
  • Reply by lumberjack
  • Maryland, United States
I suppose you are removing them from the top with the risers closer to the forks?? I like to bypass limit switch ( if equipped) and press raise button, with the riser away from forks place your roll pin punch at the end closer to the forks.... all this while both forks jacked and secured under blocks. Hope this helps!!
  • Posted 4 Mar 2021 09:36
  • Reply by cubapnea
  • Florida, United States
If it ain't broken...you know...

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Melbourne, Vic, Australia Forklifts are among the fastest-growing industrial equipment purchases in Australia, according to data from NAB. The latest NAB statistics show businesses across Australia are purchasing...
Dublin, Ireland Briggs Equipment has completed the acquisition of Laois Hire Services Limited, one of the Republic of Ireland's leading plant hire companies, and has also completed...

Inside Forkliftaction

The equipment rental market is an excellent barometer of economic activity and it comes as no surprise that we see reports of continued fleet expansion and renewal around the world.
This week's news is no exception, and we cover a large order by a new UK-based hirer as well as
...Continue Reading

Fact of the week

In Baltimore USA, it is against the law to go to the cinema with a camel to watch a movie!
Bob Marley Monument in Banatski Sokolac, Serbia
The first European statue dedicated to the legendary musician.

Inside Forkliftaction

The equipment rental market is an excellent barometer of economic activity and it comes as no surprise that we see reports of continued fleet expansion and renewal around the world.
This week's news is no exception, and we cover a large order by a new UK-based hirer as well as
...Continue Reading
Lexington, KY, United States Clark Material Handling Company has appointed TJ Shelters as director of sales and marketing. In this role, Shelters will oversee...
Los Angeles, CA, United States BYD has announced a major expansion of its materials handling equipment dealership network across America. The new dealerships in the BYD network are: Forklift Systems...

Fact of the week

In Baltimore USA, it is against the law to go to the cinema with a camel to watch a movie!
Dublin, Ireland Briggs Equipment has completed the acquisition of Laois Hire Services Limited, one of the Republic of Ireland's leading plant hire companies, and has also completed...
London, United Kingdom Despite the COVID-19 health crisis impacting significantly on the lifting Industry, Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) Sector Benchmark Research reveals optimism for the post-pandemic future...

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Fact of the week