Discussion:
General Master

Hello, I started in the material handling industry ten years ago. I worked with an independent and was completely green! Then after several years I went to work for a unicarries dealership, where I only lacked two class room training courses from completing the masters certification. If I remember correctly this was only for the 1f1/1f2 trucks. However, I was hired by one of my customers before completing this course. I feel I have reached a master mechanic level, but have no way to prove it! I am wondering if there is a general lift tech master cert, or is this only offered per truck per brand? As I am no longer in the industry directly (lift truck repairs are only a portion of what I do now) and I do not work for a dealer, how could I prove my self? I am aware of ASE how ever that seems geared towards automotive light vehicle repair. Thank you for taking the time to read this as well as any response you may have! - Have a wonderful day!
  • Posted 16 Jul 2020 02:39
  • Discussion started by MrSnapOn
  • Tennessee, United States
Greg

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Everett, MA, United States A 38-year-old man has died while working on a forklift inside the Lineage Logistics storage facility in Everett. According to witnesses, a relatively new employee...
Beckum, Germany Beumer Maschinenfabrik has appointed Jörn Fontius as managing director. He succeeds Norbert Stemich, who, after eight years in this position, is now...

Forklift Diaries

Living safety for 35 years, a forklift instructor reflects
Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
It has been distressing to
...Continue Reading

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
...Continue Reading
Everett, MA, United States A 38-year-old man has died while working on a forklift inside the Lineage Logistics storage facility in Everett. According to witnesses, a relatively new employee...
Shoreham, United Kingdom Safety company Pyroban has appointed a distributor for its parts in Europe to optimise the logistics process following Brexit. AI2C, based near Marseille in France...

Forklift Diaries

Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.
Germany By Allan Leibowitz Germany's materials handling manufacturers appear to have escaped the ravages of the country's floods which have left more than 120 people dead...
McConnellsburg, PA, United States JLG Industries has added a new generation of rough-terrain (RT) and electric rough-terrain (ERT) scissor lifts in 40 ft. (12 m) and 47 ft. (14...

Forklift Diaries

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading