Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Crown electric pallet jack will not work
I have a crown WP2030-45. It stopped working today. It is like it does not have any batteries. The batteries are good and charged. It will not turn on, horn will not work and will not start to charge if plugged up. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.
  • Posted 3 Dec 2014 05:43 AM
Total replies: 9. Showing items 1 - 9 of 9 results.
Replies
  • kevin_t
  • Pennsylvania, United States
First thing i would check is the main power fuse and the emergency disconnect switch
  • Posted 3 Dec 2014 05:55 AM
Fuse is good. I don't know where the emergency disconnect switch is. I don't have a manual. I will take the cover back off and start looking.

Thank you for your help.
  • Posted 3 Dec 2014 06:37 AM
Melissa, If it is anything like the WP3045-45 that we have here, my recommendation would be to drag it to the nearest loading dock and give it a good push. But that is probably not an option for you, lol. So if you have access to a voltmeter, follow the 24v from the battery connector. It should go through one fuse, another fuse, the keyswitch, and to the controller. Also check the connection from the negative side of the battery to the controller. If the connections are good and you have voltage to the connector on the controller and it still doesn't work, its probably the controller. Good luck.
  • Posted 6 Dec 2014 03:57 AM
If it won't charge then you have a battery, battery connector or battery lead issue. Gel battery (4x) or lead acid battery? Built-in or stand-alone charger? A blown truck fuse won't stop it charging.
  • Posted 6 Dec 2014 09:25 PM
  • eddy_w
  • northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Melissa not all crown trucks have emergency disconnects or as on the circuit EDS. If you have one fitted its a big red button.
Do you have a keyswitch or keypad fitted? Check the wiring up around top of right hand lift jack , that its not broken
  • Posted 24 Dec 2014 08:22 AM
  • • Modified 24 Dec 2014 08:23 AM by poster
check the power cables at bottom of battery connector on truck. they will break inside of the insulation and you can not tell unless you pull on them
  • Posted 27 Dec 2014 02:03 AM
Also check the battery volts from 125A Fuse going to 15A Fuse to keyswitch,
Be sure have a voltage in keyswitch going to traction controller A-1

Thanks & Regards
Email: anjonuylan@yahoo.com
  • Posted 9 Jan 2015 11:47 PM
  • Robk
  • New York, United States
.check the SB conncector (battery connector) truck side and be sure the negative and positive cables are still attatched to the terminal [url removed] cables are too short they [url removed] time pull out of the contacts.

After [url removed] voltage at the battery...
And [url removed] behind the key switch for any loose wires or exsposed wiring touching frame.

Robert k
  • Posted 23 Jun 2015 07:42 AM
I had one last week the main cable from battery plug to controller was cut in half. It's zip tied and ticticked behind frame
  • Posted 24 Jun 2015 03:02 AM
Total replies: 9. Showing items 1 - 9 of 9 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x