Recently the Swedish truck manufacturer Atlet presented their new generation Tergo reach trucks. Focusing on how to minimise operator fatigue and stress, these trucks are designed to be the most ergonomic trucks on the market.
Click to view larger image
"With a market demanding high uptime and with operators often spending their entire day in the forklift, an ergonomically superior operator environment is the way to go", says Dan Ulmestrand, Product Development Manager at Atlet.Designed around the operator - by the operators
To enhance productivity, the operator environment of the new Atlet Tergo reach trucks
is entirely designed around the operator. It's a complete ergonomic concept including a wide range of personal adjustments and innovations, allowing a strain-free, variable and inviting working environment. The product development also included a large commitment from the users.
"Our aim was to design the world's most personal truck. By involving the users from the very beginning of the project and then continuously soliciting their input, the operators had a profound impact on the final result", says Atlet's Product Development Manager Dan Ulmestrand.No 1 in comparative ergonomic study by Chalmers
Ergonomics have been an Atlet
hallmark since the early 1990s. Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg carried out a comparative ergonomic evaluation study. "The study compared the new Atlet Tergo with reach trucks from three other makes and showed that the Tergo offered more ergonomic working postures than the other reach trucks", says Dan Ulmestrand. "And of course, we are very pleased our hard work keeps paying off." Expanded truck range for expanding markets
In Europe, reach trucks form the main force in most internal material handling operations - not least within food distribution. The new Tergo
range is extended in both ends to meet the needs from a wide range of users.
"In Europe we meet the demands from intensive food distribution to stack higher, heavier and faster, as well as the requirements from new fast growing businesses in Eastern Europe who require a more basic reach truck but still with focus on the operator and the productivity", says Bengt Kristiansson Vice President Sales & Marketing at Atlet.
By extending the range and offering additional value for the users, Atlet expects a more than 30% increased market share.
"Our goal is to take a stronger position within the market for warehouse trucks, and this launch of the new Tergo reach truck is securing our position as one of the leading suppliers of high performing quality trucks", says Keiji Ikeda, CEO at Atlet.Human-centric innovations for higher productivity
Allowing the operator to perform optimally even during long shifts, the new Atlet Tergo reach trucks feature a range of interacting technologies that contributes to a relaxed posture for the operator.
- Multi-adjustable dashboard, floor, seat and armrest for a stress-free body position
- Atlet's unique mini steering wheel for reduced strain on neck and shoulders
- Patent pending backrest design which is both high and narrow for improved body movement patterns
- Adjustable lumbar support to maintain the natural S-curve of the spine
- Tilting backrest for improved ergonomics and control at high lifting operations
- Hands-free travel direction control for more intuitive manoeuvrability
- Atlet's new multi-function control Ergo Logic II allows lifting, lowering and tilting with one grip using the same control
- Full body vibration is reduced by 25% compared to the existing model
- New mast damping system and extremely silent transmission and hydraulics, makes the new Tergo® market leading in low noise level with only 58-61dB, depending on model (VDI), at the operator's ear.
Other solutions for improved productivity
Meet the world's most personal truck
ProVision mast design with integrated hydraulics for better visibilityFor additional information please contact
- Optional top speed of 14.5 km/h makes the Tergo one of the world's fastest reach trucks.
- Extended service intervals and optimised modularity for reduced total cost of ownership, TCO,
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Improved operating, lifting and stability performance for increased productivity and throughput.
- New technical solutions:
- Level Assistance System - LAS for faster and safer load handling at heights
- Active Spin Reduction - ASR for maintained safety also on floor with low friction.
Marketing & Communication Manager Atlet AB
+46 31 984083