Nissan USA KPH02A-25V:
Wont rev up unless hand held half over carb intake

Just bought forklift in this condition. Previous owner replaced regulators. Forklift starts and idles great. As soon as you start to give it throttle it sputters and "chokes" itself out. If I place my hand 1/2 way over the carb to cut off the airflow it revs up perfect! 100%. I initially thought it must have a major vacuum leak somewhere.....but I cant seem to find that. Then I thought maybe fuel supply? Then previous owner told me they measured 1psi of propane pressure....but I dont know exactly where that was measured??
Is there a fuel filter or screen somewhere that could need servicing??

Thanks for now
  • Posted 20 Mar 2021 02:38
  • Discussion started by Jinxie
  • Manitoba, Canada
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Should be a lean/rich fuel mixture valve that might need to be adjusted. It is located where the fuel hose attaches to the carb. Either on the top side or could be on the bottom side of the housing. Round valve with two flat sides for the wrench to fit. Usually takes an 11mm open end wrench to make the adjustment. Start it up and hold the throttle pedal down while turning it in either direction. Adjust it till it revs up the way you want it. Good Luck.
  • Posted 18 Apr 2021 01:09
  • Reply by mwjski
  • Montana, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

United Kingdom Bobcat has become the latest manufacturer to step up its used equipment sales, with the launch of Bobcat Certified, the company’s new certified pre-owned program. Following a successful pilot...
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium Doosan has launched the NXS Series, an enhanced value range of four-wheel diesel-powered counterbalance forklifts. The new line is positioned between the high-spec D25S-9, for heavy-duty applications, and the...

Forklift Diaries

Oil and sweat: a forklift technician's tale
Joe Zamora
Every challenge presents a learning opportunity for J.V. Equipment forklift technician Joe Zamora of Edinburg, Texas. He talks about his journey in materials handling so far.

Latest Jobs

St. Louis, MO, United States
Corpus Christi, United States
Mason City, IA, United States
Louisville, Mississippi, United States

Next Editorial Features

MH MANUFACTURERS IN EUROPE - 12th May
SAFETY INNOVATIONS - June

Latest Jobs

CHICAGO, United States
Wisconsin Dells, WI, United States While many forklift brands are having to cope with 12- to 18-month delays in getting new trucks to customers, Big Joe claims to have plenty of stock ready to...
Auckland, New Zealand Jungheinrich has acquired Industrial Truck Sales New Zealand Forklifts (ITS Forklifts) and established its 41st sales unit in New Zealand. The company will distribute its entire portfolio through the...

Forklift Diaries

Joe Zamora
Every challenge presents a learning opportunity for J.V. Equipment forklift technician Joe Zamora of Edinburg, Texas. He talks about his journey in materials handling so far.

Next Editorial Features

Las Vegas, NV, United States Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating after a forklift driver died. The incident, which occurred at a warehouse, involved the accidental flipping of a forklift. OSHA investigators...
Greene, NY, United States The Raymond Corporation has added a new power solution to its Energy Essentials Distributed by Raymond portfolio of batteries produced at Raymond’s facility in Greene, New York.  Partnering with...

Forklift Diaries

Joe Zamora

Latest Jobs

Waterloo, IA, United States

Next Editorial Features