Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Drive unit failure
Has anyone else been having issues with the drive unit? We have had several failures of the snap ring which holds the Gear Assembly into the drive plate housing.
  • Posted 16 Mar 2009 01:15 AM
Total replies: 5. Showing items 1 - 5 of 5 results.
Replies
  • tonymfg
  • New Jersey, United States
Has been an issue. Several failures, leading to major warranty work for the shop. I understand you have to remove the mast from the unit!!
  • Posted 19 Mar 2009 01:23 PM
i believe the only trucks affected by this are the early built ones, up to feb. '08 models. what i did and which seems to have worked cuz there has been no problems after the repair was massage the retianing ring and groove to help seat the ring as best as possible. i'm thinking when the ring was stamped it may have been out of spec. i hope this may help! you can also try crown tech. support and see if they have any answers for you.
  • Posted 20 Mar 2009 09:28 AM
Crown says that there was a defect in the snap ring. The drive units we've tried to fix, with the new snap ring and bearring, still make a lot of noise. We ended up replacing the whole drive unit assembly, motor and all. I sure hope they can get this problem fixed soon, but from past experiences with the engineering dept., it takes forever to come up with a solution.
  • Posted 23 Mar 2009 10:44 PM
We have had numerous snap ring failures and have found that the debri in the gearbox will get picked up and damage the output gear on the drive motor armature which is non replaceable. be sure and check the gear on the drive motor anytime you have a snap ring failure.
  • Posted 30 Oct 2010 07:21 AM
You do not need to remove the mast to repair the snap [url removed] first reduction gear, bearing and new snap ring can be had as a [url removed] installing the new stuff use green lock tite in the houseing bore where the bearing [url removed] have had instances where the outer race of thebearing was moving in the housing, causing [url removed] lock tite is made for permantely installing studs and bearings
  • Posted 16 Aug 2013 01:24 AM
Total replies: 5. Showing items 1 - 5 of 5 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x