Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Error Code -16 showing
Washed forklift, filled battery and it moved about 2 ft then gave me -16 code was wondering what i need to check i think the Model #ecf25???
  • Posted 8 Jul 2008 02:04 AM
Total replies: 8. Showing items 1 - 8 of 8 results.
Replies
if im correct and this is a GE EV100 or a GE SX (the motor control system in the back) then a -16 error means "battery volts too high"
you may have inadvertently reset the control card

if its a diff system im wrong and dont listen to me lol but im pretty sure those clarks with self diagnostics use GE control systems
write down the proper model and serial # and post it 2morrow after work

if im right youll need to have some1 with a handset come out and reset it (function 15)

New York, New York its a heluva town..you know that The Bronx is up..and I'm Brooklyn down
  • Posted 8 Jul 2008 09:20 AM
  • • Modified 8 Jul 2008 09:21 AM by poster
Justinm,
You are correct that it has a GE EV100 motor control system, the reason that i'm not shure about the m#, s# is it is written in black marker on the machine but i'll get for you and thank you so much.
  • Posted 8 Jul 2008 08:26 PM
  • edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
Justinm is correct, it is a battery that reads too high of a voltage, it may be set as a dual voltage truck, and you will need someone with the handset to adjust it. you might have good luck leaving the headlights on a few hours, (drain a 10th of a volt or so off the surface charge of the battery) then pulling the battery connection and re-plugging the battery in.

"it's not rocket surgery"
  • Posted 8 Jul 2008 09:06 PM
  • • Modified 8 Jul 2008 09:07 PM by poster
Update left the battery unplugged overnight and when i arrived this morning plugged it in and everything is fine thank you all for your help
  • Posted 8 Jul 2008 09:39 PM
now remember dont wash electric trucks
blow the dust out with compressed air

New York, New York its a heluva town..you know that The Bronx is up..and I'm Brooklyn down
  • Posted 9 Jul 2008 07:40 AM
  • Posted 9 Jul 2008 07:52 PM
  • edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
don't worry. yard man, unless you get the logic card adjusted properly, it's very likely to happen again, just when you realllllllllly need the unit
  • Posted 9 Jul 2008 07:53 PM
lol wash a electric truck now I think I have heard everything that’s almost as good as this I was at this shop just finished fixing the truck and I told the operator to fill the battery and I continued working and about 10 min later I walking around out back and don’t I see is Dumb a$$ out back doing donuts so I ask him the f#$@ he was doing and he said that he was mixing up the water he just put in so say the least I don’t think he ever drove an forklift again
  • Posted 4 Sep 2008 07:29 PM
Total replies: 8. Showing items 1 - 8 of 8 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x