Hyster UNKNOWN:
Old Hyster Steering problems

Hello there I have an old hyster forklift which I think is a H80 (there's no tag). It has a ford engine ran off propane. I have no steering at all and what has me confused is there is only two lines going to the steering orbital motor. I checked fluid and it is full, it has only one pump for the hydraulics and steering. If anyone has any info on this or where I could start to find the problem that would be great. I have oil coming to the relief/priority valve but nothing going to the steering orbital motor, but the two lines really have me confused.
  • Posted 16 Nov 2021 09:58
  • Discussion started by Nick_Solomon
  • Manitoba, Canada
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Nick,

Unless the steer orbital is mounted to the hydraulic valve, you should have two lines for hydraulic flow and two lines for cylinder. The pressure line normally comes off a hydraulic fitting tied into the hydraulic system. Without a serial number, i cannot tell you exactly where all connections are for your lift. Thanks.
  • Posted 11 Dec 2021 06:44
  • Reply by Fishmech
  • Virginia, United States
The hard to do we do right away. The impossible just takes a little longer.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Lexington, KY, United States Clark Material Handling Company has launched the S40-60 IC pneumatic forklift.  Built in capacities of 8,000 to 12,000 lb. (3,600 – 5,400 kg), this latest addition to the S-series was...
Slough, United Kingdom Toyota Material Handling has announced two further additions to the BT Reflex reach truck range in the United Kingdom. Following the recent updates to the R, E and O-series...

Featured Business

Hyster-Yale Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
We fully support a range of lift trucks from design to service, primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names.

Movers & Shakers

national accounts manager
Hyundai Material Handling North America, United States
district sales manager
technical trainer
president
Kalmar Automation Solutions, Finland

In the Discussion Forums

Wisconsin Dells, WI, United States While many forklift brands are having to cope with 12- to 18-month delays in getting new trucks to customers, Big Joe claims to have plenty of stock ready to...
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium Doosan has launched the NXS Series, an enhanced value range of four-wheel diesel-powered counterbalance forklifts. The new line is positioned between the high-spec D25S-9, for heavy-duty applications, and the...

Featured Business

Lift Tek Elecar
Global leader in the design and manufacture of masts, carriages, integral sideshifters & fork positioners.

Movers & Shakers

district sales manager
technical trainer
president
United Kingdom Bobcat has become the latest manufacturer to step up its used equipment sales, with the launch of Bobcat Certified, the company’s new certified pre-owned program. Following a successful pilot...
Frimley, United Kingdom Hyster has launched its new A Series forklift series, with the H2.0-3.5A internal combustion models now available.  The newly released models replace the Hyster Fortens and XT lift trucks...

Featured Business

TVH Headquarters
All parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment.

Movers & Shakers

district sales manager
technical trainer
president