Lift truck manufacturer Bolzoni Auramo has recently introduced the Intelligent Carton and Appliance Clamp i- MOVE series, designed for safe, quick and damage-free palletless handling of white goods and high-volume carton boxes in appliance and electronics, warehousing and beverage industries, offering its innovative solution to the excessive clamping force problems.
Click here to view the Carton and Appliance Clamp i-MOVE model
Intelligent clamp operates in a similar way as a conventional carton clamp, where the operator has full control of arm opening and closing, lifting and tilting. The main difference consists in the automatic clamping force selection controlled by the system.
- The system is based on the detection of the type and configuration of the load through the volumetric analysis of the spaces occupied by the load. Values are measured by means of laser and ultrasonic sensors.
- The control unit receives the detected data, identifies the type and configuration of the load and compares them with a matrix database in the system created according to the customer information.
- Based on these analysis the control unit commands a proportional valve that defines the correct hydraulic pressure in the clamping cylinders and therefore the clamping force necessary for the specific handling. This sequence takes place instantaneously.
- All intelligent components are directly installed on the clamp.
Carton and Appliance Clamp i-MOVE model
Four i- MOVE Intelligent Carton Clamps
have been recently delivered to DHL in the Netherlands for their logistic operation for SAMSUNG products.
Mounted on Jungheinrich new model EFG425 forklift trucks, these clamps are used in the warehouse to store the incoming loads and to pick up the outgoing ones. Loads are ranging from 1 vacuum cleaner of 25 kg up to 12 washing machines of 900 kg total approx. and everything in-between produced by Samsung.
"Initial experience and feeling from customer side is that the i- MOVE
system works perfect!" said Koen Lensink, Area Sales Manager of Bolzoni Auramo B.V. "impressing the customer in a very positive way".
"Clamp settings were programmed in the Bolzoni
Italian factory based on the information on load configuration, weight, dimensions and maximum clamping force of each unit, received from Samsung" continues Koen.
The Carton and Appliance Clamp i-MOVE model in action
The i- MOVE
system allows till 180 combination of load type and configuration, depending on the customer operation. During clamping operation, all information on load, opening, clamping force etc are visible on the clamp display.
"Despite the use of the most advanced technology in hydraulics, electronics and for clamping force control, this clamp is very user-friendly" adds Koen.
The cooperation amongst Samsung, DHL and Bolzoni Auramo B.V. teams is a good example of the possible synergistic advantages of working together to find innovative solutions for any logistics products handling requirements.
For further information please contact:
Bolzoni Auramo BV
- Waterbeemd 6a - 5705 DN Helmond - Industrieterrein nr. 8955 -
Tel: +31-492-50 97 77 - Fax: +31-492-38 28 44
- W: www.bolzoni-auramo.com
For more information on the Bolzoni Auramo products please visit our Website www.bolzoni-auramo.com
and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
contact the nearest Bolzoni Auramo