After several years of virtual tradeshows and logistics challenges, this year’s tradeshow calendar feels particularly significant for the materials handling industry. At the Cascade booth, we’ve hosted industry newcomers and veterans alike — catching up on the past two years of product developments and looking forward to the newest products coming to market. With everyone we’ve spoken to, the common theme was resilience: investing in products that withstand volatile times by increasing productivity and decreasing damage.
Of course, we recognize that not everyone can attend tradeshows, so we’re here to catch you up on the latest news. This week, we spoke with our teams who attended MODEX, LogiMAT, and Korea Mat (KOMAT) to fill us in on some tradeshow details and how Cascade is answering the call globally with our resilient handling solutions.
MODEX: Forward-thinking technology takes center stage
Hosted March 28-31 in Atlanta, Georgia, MODEX 2022 offered visitors the opportunity to reconnect with other manufacturing and supply chain professionals. Featuring over 850 exhibits focused on next-generation solutions, more than 37,000 visitors were intent on learning vital lessons from pandemic disruptions and moving forward with more innovative supply chain solutions.
Keith Miller, Cascade Director of Sales in the Americas, on MODEX
Keith Miller has been to many tradeshows during his tenure at Cascade; however, MODEX 2022 was something special. “It was great to be back in person,” Keith says. “Our industry has always been impressive in responding to changing global conditions, and, this year, everyone is discussing the possibilities of automation, AGVs, and AMRs. With a mix of some familiar faces and so many new ones, you could tell everyone was eager to get together and discuss opportunities.”
At MODEX, here are a few of the products we presented:
- Activ-Weigh™ — one innovative attachment with the power of three, Activ-Weigh™ allows you to weigh materials and transport them simultaneously. As a fully integrated Integral-Weighing, Sideshifting-Fork Positioner, Activ-Weigh’s Minimal Effective Thickness is 3” (76.2 mm) less than competitive models, allowing drivers superior maneuverability and faster, more efficient handling speeds. Activ-Weigh™ will be available to order soon.
- Cascade Electrix™ Products — “Everyone is talking about automation,” Keith says. “What’s important for us is manufacturing an energy-efficient attachment that contains no hydraulics and minimizes downtime for AGV and AGF manufacturers.” At MODEX, Cascade presented a Lift-Tek Electric Mast/Cascade Electrix™ Multiple Load Handler combination and an AGV with a Cascade Electrix™ Sideshifter. “With no hydraulic components and revolutionary energy efficiency, many AGV attendees were interested in our all-electric solutions,” Keith says.
- Sensor Forks — “During these challenging past couple years, people are really trying to limit what was previously considered to be ‘acceptable loss’ from product damage,” Keith says. By increasing driver visibility with sensor capabilities and an embedded wireless camera in the fork tip, Sensor Forks are the precision attachment you need to increase margins by mitigating the risk of overdriving loads.
Product Demo: Sensor Forks
- Mark 55 Push/Pull — “The Mark 55 is such a versatile attachment—it always attracts visitors,” Keith explains. “What makes the Mark 55 such a revelation is it allows users to easily ship, receive, and store loads on space-saving and inexpensive slipsheets.” Precision-engineered to handle both slipsheets and pallets, the Mark 55 is a powerful and reliable tool for operators in logistics and warehousing, agriculture, food and beverage, and more.
- Cascade-Kooi Reachforks® — Another versatile attachment from the Forks+ product family, Reachforks® increase driver efficiency by extending fork lengths to handle different-sized pallets. “What drivers really love,” Keith describes, “is using Reachforks® to employ double-deep pallet racking—it makes the whole operation more fluid and efficient.”
LogiMAT: Innovative solutions at one of Europe’s largest annual intralogistics exhibition
From May 31st to June 2nd, LogiMAT in Stuttgart, Germany, was the place to be for a comprehensive overview of intralogistics solutions and process management. With over 1,500 exhibitors and around 50,000 industry professionals, everyone was eager to learn about fresh product offerings and reconnect with one another.
Hansjoerg Freund, Regional Sales Manager with Cascade Europe, on LogiMAT
“After nearly 40 months, it was great to get back to LogiMAT,” Hansjoerg says. “You should have seen the people stream in, especially on day two. Everyone was eager to find new ways to improve their materials handling processes.”
At LogiMAT, Cascade presented innovative products similar to MODEX — including Activ-Weigh, Sensor Forks, and Telescopic Forks — and:
- N-Series Fork Positioner with special additional features — Combined with an optional camera and laser system for ultimate handling precision, this Fork Positioner delivers excellent high-centre visibility so drivers can shift forks to fit any pallet size quickly and accurately. “This N-Series is an elite warehousing solution,” Hansjoerg explains. “With its rugged T-Bar design—supported by long-lasting, low friction nylon bearings—and the addition of Cascade Sound Shield™ to minimize fork chatter, this Fork Positioner is a dream for Fork-Lift and AGV operations. The N-Series Fork Positioner is available with separate or integral side shifting function.
- Weigh Forks — “Like our other Forks+ solutions, Weigh Forks go above and beyond this year’s theme of ‘smart’ intralogistics tools. Along with the obvious productivity gains from an attachment that can weigh without driving to a physical scale and back,” Hansjoerg explains, “people were really pleased by the wireless Bluetooth® integration.” With no wires and an intuitive display, Weigh Forks always open interesting discussions with industry professionals.
- All-electric front-end solution — “With Lift-Tek Elecar’s 50th anniversary in Italy only a week prior to the show — it felt extra special to see Lift-Tek’s electric mast with a Cascade Sideshifting electric attachment. It honored Lift-Tek’s rich history while demonstrating the promising future Cascade and Lift-Tek have in front of them.”
"Thanks to the new Cascade Forks+ In Motion Program, customers have more options than ever before to see first-hand the functionality of Forks+ products. Available in select European countries, customers can book a meeting with one of our sales representatives who will visit on-site in a Cascade Forks+ van, equipped with demo units as well as inventory available for purchase." Contact your local European representative to find out more.
KOMAT: South Korea focuses on optimizing logistics throughput
From June 14th through the 17th, in the face of a booming e-commerce market, Korea Mat, or KOMAT 2022 saw over 33,000 visitors pass through its tradeshow displays. Since increasing logistics output was on everyone’s mind, industry professionals wanted to discuss practical solutions to reduce costs.
Hoyoung Jang, General Manager at Cascade Korea, on KOMAT
“One of the best parts of KOMAT was a sense of enthusiasm and industry pride in the room as we all continue to press on after lengthy social distancing regulations,” Jang says. “With so much interest in transformative logistics solutions,” Jang explains, “we wanted to represent the diversity of attachments available from Cascade — new attachments and tried-and-true products alike.”
At KOMAT, Cascade presented Forks+ products like the other shows — including Sensor Forks, Weigh Forks, and Kooi Reachforks — and:
- Single Double Pallet Handler — “An attachment with the flexibility to handle single or multiple pallets is one of the most practical solutions for packed warehouses,” Jang explains. “With many customizable options—from Load Stabilizers to Long Forks—our team had productive discussions with professionals from many industries.”
- H-Series Paper Roll Clamp — “The H-series contains many light and mid, to high-capacity roll clamps, making it an adaptable series of attachments. Most interested visitors noted the thin contact pad profile, allowing clamps greater maneuverability in tightly packed warehouses.” Coupled with the industry’s widest offering of contact pads, Cascade Paper Roll Clamps are a superior option for many industries, especially in pulp/paper, ports and harbors, and warehousing applications.
Clearly, the materials handling industry is emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic stronger than ever. With increasing global demand for resilient, innovative, and custom solutions, Cascade continues to generate interest in tradeshows around the world.
Whether it’s cutting-edge electric attachments or a customized attachment from our extensive and established product line, Cascade is the comprehensive attachment provider you need to flourish in 2022 and beyond.
We hope to see you on the tradeshow floor soon! Find us at Megatrans August 24th-26th in Melbourne, Australia, and Logis-Tech in Tokyo, Japan September 13th-16th.
Contact your Cascade representative today for more details about what products are available in your area.
For more company and product information, visit the Cascade ShopFront.
About Cascade Corporation:
Established in Portland, Ore. in 1943, Cascade Corporation is the global leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of lift truck attachments, forks and related technologies and a leader in high quality mast products for a wide range of forklifts and AGVs. In addition, Cascade manufactures an assortment of attachments for the construction industry. Cascade's unmatched service, support and expertise, combined with advanced damage reduction technologies, flexible manufacturing, short lead times and high-quality products, strengthen the company's position as the premier supplier to the material handling industry. For more information visit www.cascorp.com.