BSLBATT, in partnership with Outsourcing Castro Moscoso will very soon open distribution of new batteries with Lithium technology (LifeP04) in the United States and Mexico.
BSL Battery Electric Forklift Equipment is constantly growing as we develop to support our expanding dealer network. Vivian Castro is a great partner at BSL Battery and we are pleased to welcome her to Mexico and the United States, in the company of Electrical Engineer David Zabala. Both will embark on a new path to success.
WE SAT DOWN WITH DAVID ZABALA TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIM AND HIS MOTIVATIONS FOR JOINING BSL BATTERY...
1. DAVID, TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF?
My name is David Zabala, by profession I am an electrical engineer, specialized in electric forklifts. I have worked for 34 years in electrical maintenance and general overhaul of these equipment:
- Electric forklift.Man-up order selector.
- Counterbalanced electric forklift trucks.
- Double depth reach trucks.
- Electric sweepers.
- Automatic guided vehicles.
I have extensive knowledge in American brands such as: Raymond, Crown, Hyster, Yale, Big Joe
. Japanese brands such as: Nissan, Unicarrier, Toyota
. Chinese brands like: BYD, Hangcha, Heli
. On the other hand, I have technical experience in Automatic Guided Vehicles. I perfectly handle the software of the multi-brands mentioned above. Finally, I have made the conversion of electric forklift trucks with lead acid batteries (SLA), to Lithium Iron Phosphate Technology (LifeP04)
. I program the different BMS of the Battery Management systems, as well as the Zapi, Danaher, Curtis, Acces 1,2,3 and VMS of the Electronic Integral system of electric forklifts with current state-of-the-art technology.
2. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE BEFORE JOINING BSLBATT LITHIUM?
Mainly taking advantage of the current market trend associated with a "Circular Economy" I am recycling and reconditioning used electric forklifts, to improve their operational performance when their useful life cycle is about to end. This means that instead of buying new equipment (whose average cost is between $38,000 USD) per unit. By improving its operational performance, I extend the useful life for 8 more years of service, refurbish new parts if necessary, and add a BSLBATT battery (LifeP04)
to the equipment.
Also, to hone my skills, I have dedicated myself to specializing in the best brands mentioned above. To do this, I have visited the best forklift factories and distributors in the world, undergoing the different training required.
I have certifications including:
3. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MAIN MOTIVATION TO JOIN BSL BATTERY?
- Professional electric forklift truck and parts specialist licensed from TVH University Parts Co. in Miami, Florida.
- BYD Lithium Battery Forklift Service and Maintenance Specialist, awarded at BYD factories located in Shenzhen and Shaoguan, China.
- Specialist in electronic and after-sales service for lithium iron phosphate batteries (LifeP04) of the BSL BATT brand. Awarded in China.
- Hyster & Yale Brand Electric Forklift Service Distributor Specialist in the United States.
In these 34 years of experience I have learned that the forklift industry is changing and evolving rapidly, I do not have to worry about specializing in what I already know, but about keeping up with the changes generated by the foreign industry.
Sharing technology since 2019 with my old friend Vivian Chen from BSLBATT I found that the value proposition these BSL batteries promise (LifeP04) is delivered through efficiency, effectiveness and productivity. In addition, the world is moving slightly towards a circular economy, we must ensure that our companies are aligned with long-term sustainable goals that do not sacrifice profitability while providing greater social and environmental benefits.
With the above in mind, I understood that BSLBATT in Association with Outsorcing Castro Moscoso are two companies designed to face the future with sustainable and revolutionary products that everyone should know about.
4. WHICH PRODUCT DO YOU FIND MOST INTERESTING AND WHAT DO YOU WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT?
In my opinion, the most interesting product in the current industry that we develop is the batteries for electric forklift trucks with technology (LifeP04)
. It is currently the best investment. Why?
- The first thing is its high productivity: lithium batteries charge in approximately two hours and work for 10 hours depending on Amperage. While lead acid batteries (SLA) charge 8 hours, rest 8 hours and work 8 hours.
- The second reason: Due to the above, lithium batteries (LiFeP04) do not need to be replaced by other batteries, they have timely charging, which means that during downtime, such as a shift change or a break for lunch, dinner, can charge to continue working permanently and continuously. Additionally, these temporary / timely charges do not affect battery life, or threaten battery life.
- Third, lithium batteries do not require maintenance, they do not need a battery room or a specific place to charge them, they do not emit toxic substances such as sulfuric acid that deteriorate the moving and structural parts of the forklift.
They do NOT need an extraction unit unlike lead-acid (SLA) batteries.
This not only reduces gas emissions to the environment, but also protects the life and health of your workers.
5. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE AND HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR WEEKENDS?
I am a person who always studies to be up-to-date, the current market demands it, I like to read a lot about electronic projects that I am perfecting. When I'm not doing the above, I like riding ATVs, riding trails in open fields, rivers of natural water, being in contact with nature.
Also, I like spending time with my wife and daughter watching series and movies at home.
6. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST WISH FOR YOUR FIRST YEAR AT BSLBATT LITHIUM?
My greatest ambition is to consolidate Outsorcing Castro Moscoso in partnership with BSLBATT to introduce the use of batteries for electric forklift trucks with technology (LifeP04) in the US market.
I am completely sure that this technology is not only a great bet for companies, but for society, taking into account that today we must bet on solutions designed for the long term given the scarcity of resources, the rise of renewable energies and the intense search for sustainable production methods. but before that, to set up a real partnership with the network of distributors because, as the BSL Battery slogan so aptly evokes, we need each other: BSLBATT aims to service as a contributing part to support and lead our distributors to be NO 1 In LiFePO4 Forklift Battery and The Replacement of Lead Acid Battery in their target Market.
We're very happy to have David Zabala in the BSLBATT family. If you are interested in our dealership network in North America, you can contact him or send an email.
For more information, please feel free to reach us at the BSLBATT Lithium website
, contact your regional distributors
, or the company headquarters.
Follow us on Social Media: Facebook | Youtube | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram
BSLBATT lithium is a manufacturing and trading combo, specializing in Lithium batteries for over 9 years including all brands and models of lift trucks (Class I, II, and III), Ground Support Equipment, aerial lifts, and storage energy, etc. BSLBATT specializes in manufacturing Li-ion battery for every forklift. 9 years experience in R&D and manufacturing. 6 Protection. 10 security guarantees. Over 30000 forklift users chose us.