Hyster S100XL2:
What does the T P R L on the steering manifold stand for?

We had a trainee help us with disconnecting the hydraulic lines from the steering manifold but he didn't label them. Anyhow we figured it out but after putting on my glasses I noticed T P R L above each connector and it dawned on me that T could be Tank (return) P Pressure/Pump R Right and L Left. I checked the Hyster service manual and all it states is to "make sure you connect each host to the correct connector" haha.

Thanks!

Jim
  • Posted 23 Jan 2015 15:27
  • Discussion started by Turb0
  • British Columbia, Canada
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
Ok thanks, and you are right about the manuals, kind of vague on some important details. Funnily enough, I was flipping through the braking section and low and behold there if the mention about "...oil flows from the steering control unit to the inlet (2) of the brake valve. We cheated and looked at another machine to confirm the hoses. Now of course I've found it in the dox haha.

Thanks again and have a good weekend!
  • Posted 24 Jan 2015 09:13
  • Reply by Turb0
  • British Columbia, Canada
yeah...thats nacco engineering for you
they give you diagrams showing the connections but left out the most important part... they forgot to label the connections.

But yes,
T would be return (actually runs to the brake booster valve)
P (comes from the pump)
R (to right steer cylinder connection)
L (to left steer cylinder connection)

its funny though, they say to make sure you connect the lines correctly but don't show any labels in the diagrams, and then follow that up with a caution note about hooking up the lines wrong will cause damage.
And if by some strange chance they did put it in the manual somewhere it might be in a section that has totally nothing to do with the steering or hydraulics, sometimes they hide tidbits of info like that in obscure places.
I looked all through both hydraulic and steering sections and nothing...nada... :o/
DOH!
  • Posted 23 Jan 2015 23:16
  • Modified 23 Jan 2015 23:23 by poster
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

How can you move a batch of palletised goods in half the time? It’s simple: carry the pallet loads two at a time. That’s the idea behind the new platform double pallet handler range from Cat® Lift Trucks.
HC Forklift America Corporation (HCFA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hangcha Group, is excited to announce the XH Series High Voltage Lithium-ion Pneumatic Forklift with a 26,000-36,000lb load capacity.

Latest Jobs

Louisville, KY, United States
Dalton, Georgia, United States
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

Inside Forkliftaction

There's some optimism about the global economy from one of the world's leading banks, Deutsche Bank.
The bank's chief investment officer for Private Banking, Christian Nolting, is tipping mild recessions in Europe and the US for 2023, "but improving dynamics in Asia where supply chains are all but resolved". ...Continue Reading
Storebro, Sweden Sweden’s Semax has appointed three new dealers in Europe as part of its expansion drive on the continent. Profiservice GmbH has been appointed as the authorised Semax dealer for...
Wauconda, IL, United States Industry association MHEDA is losing its CEO, with Liz Richards announcing that she will retire at the end of next year. “When I was first hired to run this...

Fact of the week

The People's Choice Word of the Year 2022 as announced by Macquarie Dictionary was decided by Australia as "bachelor's handbag". The term refers to a takeaway roast chicken, often packaged in a small plastic bag with a handle which resembles a handbag. As it is prepared for immediate consumption, often favoured by a single person, it received this humorous colloquial name.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Toyota 8FGU25
Canada Ontario
China
Japan
Netherlands
Japan

Upcoming Events

February 7-9, 2023 - Long Beach, California, United States
February 20-21, 2023 - Sydney, Australia
March 14 - 15, 2023 - Hamburg, Germany
March 28-29, 2023 - Coventry, United Kingdom