Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Omega Lift
  • roger_w
  • West Midlands, United Kingdom
Whats happening at Omega lift? A UK Company helped them with storage and transport for the IMEX Exhibition in 2010. Are they still in business? as they haven't paid their bills.

lifter1937
  • Posted 5 Feb 2012 09:24 PM
Total replies: 30. Showing items 1 - 20 of 30 results.
Replies
Yes, Omega must be in bad financial shape. They are being sued by a former supplier of forks for non-payment in Ontario court currently. It seems they ran up a big bill then went missing when payment was due. The suit is in the five figures, I hear. Does anyone else know of them getting sued for ducking their obligations?
  • Posted 10 Feb 2012 02:41 AM
i hope they paid the engine and trans, axle suppliers, that must be more dollars than a set of forks
  • Posted 12 Feb 2012 09:57 AM
  • patdee
  • Georgia, United States
I know of Omega Lift I have been suppling product to a lot of there dealers and I heard they have always paid. I did hear that the dealer out in the UK ordered 4 new trucks from them and then cancelled for no good reason. If I was Omega I would be upset as well. I can tell you as a supplier that things are not always what people say. I also heard from a Canadian freind of mine that Omega Lift is doing really good and has hired more people and is expanding.
  • Posted 15 Feb 2012 07:45 AM
  • jay_s
  • New York, United States
your correct I know 100% that the UK dealer did a fast one on Omega, good for Omega if they returned the favor. People should honor what they sign. I know of suppliers that sell to Omega and Dealers that buy equipment from them, they are a good group up there. I also heard that they are investing a lot in more space and more people and more product. Maybe if the supplier of these forks did what they where to do they would get there bill paid if that is even true.
  • Posted 15 Feb 2012 08:02 AM
There is an article just on November 26th in ForkliftAction about this.

Owner
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 02:28 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:46 AM by poster
  • TimJ
  • Florida, United States
[url removed] scammed me as well for about the same amount $10k
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 04:44 AM
The owner(s) of Omega Lift settled all their costs and invoices with us.

Owner
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 04:49 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:49 AM by poster
Thanks Tim,

Owner
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 05:05 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:46 AM by poster
  • TimJ
  • Florida, United States
I'm sure many of the Omega dealers across the nation after reading the Lone Star situation must be getting nervous as who wants to represent this line of Lift Equipment.
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 05:40 AM
  • • Modified 2 Dec 2014 08:24 AM by administrator
A quick point, this is not the Omega company in Australia.

Owner
  • Posted 2 Dec 2014 06:27 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:47 AM by poster
The owner(s) of Omega Lift settled all their costs and invoices with us.

Owner
  • Posted 5 Dec 2014 12:34 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:48 AM by poster
As I wrote earlier, the owner(s) of Omega Lift settled all their costs and invoices with us.
  • Posted 5 Dec 2014 12:56 AM
  • • Modified 29 Jan 2015 05:48 AM by poster
We ordered a unit from Omega in August 2013 and sent a $10,223.80 deposit with the understanding they could deliver in 4-5 weeks. As of December 2013 they had not or could not deliver and it was mutually agreed between myself and Waqas, dealer development with Omega, that the order would be cancelled and money refunded. I did finally receive a check in November 2014 for $10K. I took it to my bank and they sent it to the bank it was drawn on requesting certified funds. We never heard anything back. Greg Pannia has told me he had mailed a replacement check, which hasn't been received. He has told me he was overnighting a check, which hasn't been received. He also reported that Omega did a conversion of a LP unit we purchased from a wholesaler to diesel, then we cancelled the order. This is not a true statement as Omega NEVER did a conversion for us. Only until Forklift Action mentioned us in an article did Greg finally call me to say he thought it had been taken care of. My understanding is I'm not the only dealer in the US this happened to, including the Lonestar deal. I can't help but question the financial condition of Omega as well.
  • Posted 13 Feb 2015 01:49 AM
Update. We received a check for $10K today from Omega. Will update again later on results, good or bad.
  • Posted 13 Feb 2015 07:47 AM
We got confirmation today that the check we received from OMEGA cleared yesterday so our problem/situation with them has been cleared up as for as I'm concerned. Our issue with them has been resolved satisfactory.
  • Posted 27 Feb 2015 05:13 AM
Waiting
  • Posted 27 Aug 2015 11:46 PM
  • • Modified 28 Aug 2015 09:42 PM by poster
Good Morning from New Jersey. Just wanted to let you know that Omega Lift is at it again. We bought and paid in full for a forklift on 6/7/16 and still no lift. Greg Pannia, Shaun Casement and Don Shephard will not respond to our phone calls and emails and conveniently for them their office phone is completely automated. We have the local police, Wells Fargo Bank and detectives involved and our next step is to personally visit them before the lawyers. We even have emails from Shaun Casement asking for the money early since the lift was ready to ship. Please please please use extreme caution when dealing with this company we do not want this to happen to anyone else.
  • Posted 1 Aug 2016 11:33 PM
We too have been getting the run around this summer from Omega Lift. They had stretched us out so far that we went there to personally meet with Greg Pannia. He reassured us that we shouldn't feel uncomfortable as all of his units are sold and that everything is insured, he blamed software, he blamed switching banks. We went there yesterday as we have not been able to contact anyone and received word that we should probably get up there and talk to Greg Pannia. No one was working and the only people inside were with the bank we were told. To cap off our sad story there was a man there with his trailer who had lost his job, they had his tools inside and wouldn't let him in to get them. Not good, also be careful with any requests from Visco Industrial Supply. A company owned by Greg Pannia's brother in law that has been putting out requests to some vendors in our industry for products Omega Lift had been buying in the past. We are regretful that we ever entered into business dealings with Greg Pannia and would caution anyone who is considering any arrangement requiring trust or unsecured credit. At present Greg Pannia and Omega Lift have not payed invoices dating back to February. Forgive the repetitive use of Greg Pannia's name here just trying to help Google find this post so we can reach those in our shoes :) Now off to explain to my staff that a noticable chunk of our profits for 2016 have been affected as we are a profit sharing company. We submitted all documents to our lawyers today and will move forward from here. Best of luck to everyone infected. Oops did I misspell that?
  • Posted 4 Aug 2016 04:56 AM
We have been trying to get the correct shifter lever for one of our customers from them since February. They've always been a hassle. Must not have paid their UPS bill because they always want to ship freight collect.
  • Posted 5 Aug 2016 01:16 AM
  • stu_j
  • Indiana, United States
Reading through this forum and news story today this is obviously not a good situation for Omega's dealers and their customers. If you have need for product I would be more than willing to see if we can help you with our AWD product. I can be reached at Hoist Liftruck on our website.
  • Posted 5 Aug 2016 02:16 AM
  • • Modified 5 Aug 2016 02:18 AM by poster
Total replies: 30. Showing items 1 - 20 of 30 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads
Stronger brands with Forkliftaction

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x