Hyster S80XL:
S80XL with GM vortec 4.3 /rear main seal gushing oil leak

My client has a hyster s80xlbc2s with the gm 4.3 vortec V6. It has a bad oil leak which is most likely caused by a bad rear main seal. Does the engine have to be pulled out of the chassis to replace this seal? Does any one know of any tricks or short cuts to make this job easier? This particular client does a lot of repairs him-self, but he is probably going to want me to do this one, what is a realistic labor time estamate for a job like this? (this job must be done on location, but the location has everything needed for this type of work). Thanks.
  • Posted 1 Jul 2009 08:22
  • Discussion started by fixitandy
  • Pennsylvania, United States
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Minimum of 12 hours to R&R the motor ( If it's clean) and I'd go even more if he tried to help or hung over my shoulder. Know your torque specs on this motor before you dive in to it or it will haunt you for the rest of your days. Use OEM GM quality parts because you only want to do this once.
  • Posted 1 Jul 2009 12:27
  • Reply by roadtech
  • Ohio, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Find my next new, used or rental: ELECTRIC FORKLIFT PEDESTRIAN STACKER REACH TRUCK/STACKERS PALLET MOVER   Find machines 24/7 Login to Machinery-onQ, save your search preferences and receive matching...
One of Combilift's most recent developments is the Combilift Xpress (Combi-XC), specifically designed for the quick horizontal movement of containers in a typical container terminal.

Upcoming Events

December 7- 9, 2021 - Antwerp, Belgium
July 19-21, 2022 - Melbourne, Australia
October 24 -30, 2022 - Munich, Germany

Fact of the week

The longest green bean ever harvested grew to a length of 121.9 cm (48.75 in). It was grown in 1996 by H. Hurley of Fuguay-Varina, North Carolina, USA.
Handcrafted Obscure Folk Instruments
Meet India's Tharun Sekar, the man who recreates ancient musical instruments lost to time
Kalmar RT240, 2012, 24T Rough Terrain Reach Stacker. SMV 6/7 ECC9, 2015, 9T Empty Container Handler. Kalmar DCG100-45ES6, 2018, 10T Empty Container Handler. Konecranes Liftace F16, 2021, 16T Heavy Forklift Truck...
Cold storage facilities powered by Green Cubes Technology's Lithium SAFEFlex battery systems achieve the best performance for your material handling fleet.

Upcoming Events

Fact of the week

The longest green bean ever harvested grew to a length of 121.9 cm (48.75 in). It was grown in 1996 by H. Hurley of Fuguay-Varina, North Carolina, USA.
Meet India's Tharun Sekar, the man who recreates ancient musical instruments lost to time
Reducing waste may not always be easy but it's both environmentally and economically rewarding. Cat Lift Trucks discusses how a company can significantly reduce its environmental impacts.
One of Combilift's most recent developments is the Combilift Xpress (Combi-XC), specifically designed for the quick horizontal movement of containers in a typical container terminal.

Upcoming Events

Fact of the week