Discussion:
Raymond

Would like to hear from end users on this one. How is the Raymond equipment line doing. This is not meant to slam them , i can remember when end users called them the Cadillacs of the lift trucks. The model 20s and model 60s were the best you could buy at one time.
  • Posted 19 Aug 2021 19:42
  • Discussion started by triumphrider
  • Texas, United States
Showing items 1 - 3 of 3 results.
Even though I'm a former crown tech, I am now a huge fan of raymond. I am a fleet tech with 50+ raymonds and have become a big fan of the brand. I see crowns like a high end german car, nice when its new, but that's about it. Many extra sensors, switches, computers etc to do the same function. I see raymond as reliable and not over engineered.
  • Posted 4 Sep 2021 04:53
  • Reply by Triggs
  • California, United States
I have 18 Crown turrets and 6 Raymond Swing Reach's. Most associates prefer the Crown, however the older more seasoned like the Raymond as they almost never have wire guidance issues. I am seeing more drive unit issues that I'm having to rebuild
  • Posted 1 Sep 2021 08:34
  • Reply by Fredo
  • California, United States
Be kind, rewind
I work at a Distribution Warehouse that has 10 Raymond OPC's & 3 CSR's (Swing reach).

They are all reliable and easy to diagnose, most of the time.

The 18/8 Conductor Cables are the weak link for all of them.

The Wire Guidance systems are also very dependable.
  • Posted 24 Aug 2021 13:35
  • Modified 24 Aug 2021 13:36 by poster
  • Reply by LaGrange
  • Missouri, United States
Strong in mind, Strong in Health.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Baton Rouge, LA, United States H&E Equipment Services has signed a definitive agreement to acquire One Source Equipment Rentals, a provider of non-residential construction and industrial equipment with operations in the Midwest and Southern...
Birmingham, United Kingdom Discussions at the recent IMHX event in Birmingham reflect the common concerns experienced by materials handling professionals in all markets. Mike Barton, managing director at exhibitor B&B Attachments, notes...

Featured Business

GemOne
Telematics for industrial fleets. Fleet & safety management solutions: track vehicles, boost efficiency, operate safer, & avoid unexpected downtime.

Movers & Shakers

CEO - Region Americas
DB Schenker, United States
president and CEO
Seegrid Corporation, United States
Chairman
National Road Transport Association, Australia
CEO
Beumer Group, Germany

In the Discussion Forums

Hamburg, Germany Still has announced a number of strategic initiatives “to keep pace with the rapidly changing markets and customer needs”. Similar to the approach of Hyster and Yale, Still is...
Baton Rouge, LA, United States H&E Equipment Services has signed a definitive agreement to acquire One Source Equipment Rentals, a provider of non-residential construction and industrial equipment with operations in the Midwest and Southern...

Featured Business

VIA Technologies, Inc.
Prevent pedestrian collisions with the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System.

Movers & Shakers

CEO - Region Americas
president and CEO
Chairman
CEO
Beumer Group, Germany
Hamburg, Germany Still has announced a number of strategic initiatives “to keep pace with the rapidly changing markets and customer needs”. Similar to the approach of Hyster and Yale, Still is...

Featured Business

Flexi Narrow Aisle Ltd
Leading manufacturers of very narrow aisle (VNA) equipment.

In the Discussion Forums

Movers & Shakers

CEO - Region Americas
president and CEO
Chairman
CEO
Beumer Group, Germany