Cat Lift Trucks (& Caterpillar) CAT T50:
Peugeot Engine Swap

Hey Guys,
can anyone recommend an engine that will bolt in place of this piece of Crap Peugeot Engine with no major modifications?
  • Posted 4 Dec 2008 02:35
  • Discussion started by zybourg
  • Pennsylvania, United States
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
I like those old mills,Keep the oil changed and radiator in good shape and they run forever.Atlanta lift salvage is the name of the place Justin refers to.Before Id swap it I think youd be better off replacing it or scorce a diffrent truck.With all the shut downs as of late trucks here are cheap.
  • Posted 4 Dec 2008 08:37
  • Reply by proshadetree
  • Tennessee, United States
those are disgusting
even the drain plug has a square hole for a square drive ratchet incase you strip the hex
BUT
its a 10mm not a 3/8 so its useless in america lol
i think the other option for that truck was the cat 1404 or a small perkins
but i forget if the transmissions were diff

theres a huge lift truck salvage yard in atlanta theyre tech guys seem to know whats what
id call them and ask if they could help you
they prob even got a running scrap engine in stock for you
  • Posted 4 Dec 2008 06:34
  • Modified 4 Dec 2008 06:35 by poster
  • Reply by justinm
  • New York, United States
New York, New York its a heluva town..you know that The Bronx is up..and I'm Brooklyn down

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

“…I'm happy to report that we recently appointed an ideal candidate who found us via the Forkliftaction ad. This speaks volumes from my point of view.” - Hamish Clark, President...
"Thanks to our advertising with Forkliftaction, we were able to find new distributors for our disruptive proximity warning solution". Andreas Geamanu Global Sales & Marketing, Lopos Whatever your objective, we...

Upcoming Events

March 20-23, 2023 - Chicago, United States
May 18-20, 2023 - Guangzhou, China
June 28-29, 2023 - Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Latest Jobs

Sioux Falls, SD, United States
Le Mars, IA, United States
Lexington, United States
Le Mars, IA, United States

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading
Albion, MI, United States Caster Concepts has announced a 16,000 sqft. (1,500 sqm) USD2 million expansion at its headquarters in Central Michigan. The expansion will accommodate a larger engineering department, additional floor space...
Paarl, CP, South Africa A 28-year-old woman has been killed in a freak forklift accident on the KWV site in Paarl, South Africa. Police have identified the victim as Roché Fortuin, an employee...

Upcoming Events

Hamburg, Germany Jungheinrich has announced the acquisition of Indiana-based Storage Solutions group, a leading provider of racking and warehouse automation solutions, to gain enhanced access to the attractive US warehousing and...
Montreal, BC, Canada Deloitte Canada has opened The Smart Factory @ Montreal, a first-of-its-kind facility showcasing an interconnected ecosystem of more than 20 cutting-edge solutions and technologies and intent on transforming manufacturing and...

Upcoming Events