Mitsubishi FG15:
No Spark

I have a FGC15 Mitsubishi with a 4G33 engine. We replaced the timing belt and couldn't get any spark. So I replaced the cap, rotor, coil plug wires all the plugs and still no spark. I finally replaced the ignition switch thinking that would help still nothing. Next I replaced the ignition module in the distributor and still nothing.

Finally I bought a whole new distributor with points and condenser
and it still has no spark. I replaced the fuel hoses and vacuum hose and fuel filter to make sure it was getting fuel in case it was some kind of pressure problem. This is a propane model forklift.

It's been down for 2 months and I need get it fixed any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Posted 26 Jul 2016 07:22
  • Modified 26 Jul 2016 07:24 by poster
  • Discussion started by Aguila
  • Georgia, United States
Follow your dreams.
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
check and see if this unit has a reulctor wheel and pickup sensor on the crank pulley. If so check the harness and make sure the wiring is intact.
I have seen some of these engines that have this with this same issue because the wiring to the pickup sensor gets damaged or the reluctor wheel is damaged and causing the sensor to not pick up properly.
  • Posted 22 Aug 2016 21:53
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Recently Feyter Forklift Services completed the commissioning of a globally unique Movella Translifter at Steel Solutions in Maastricht, The Netherlands, to transport steel coils between its terminals...
The 9th Vietnam-Japan Supporting Industries Exhibition (SIE) & Vietnam Manufacturing Expo (VME) Digital Exhibition will be held online from 15-17 September, 2021.

In the Virtual Expo

CBD15W-LIX Li-Ion Powered Pallet Truck
The CBD15W-LIX Li-Ion Powered Pallet Truck - super light and easy to operate, with a plug in battery design making it easier to remove and change.

Inside Forkliftaction

This week's newsletter includes a couple of fleet expansion reports. We find these valuable because they indicate the areas of economic growth - both geographically and in industrial sectors.
But, more importantly, it's valuable to all potential buyers to see who is choosing what - and why. Clearly, some case studies reveal
...Continue Reading

Movers & Shakers

director of people operations
Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired
Allied Toyota Lift, United States

Inside Forkliftaction

This week's newsletter includes a couple of fleet expansion reports. We find these valuable because they indicate the areas of economic growth - both geographically and in industrial sectors.
But, more importantly, it's valuable to all potential buyers to see who is choosing what - and why. Clearly, some case studies reveal
...Continue Reading
In order to help prevent damage to pallets and goods, Meijer Handling Solutions has developed a sensor that displays the horizontal position of the load.
Miretti Group announces their new ATEX plugs and sockets for Hazardous Areas. Compactness and Ergonomics | Easy to use | High Quality.

In the Virtual Expo

39T coil handler attachment for reach stackers
FOR SALE: 39T coil handler attachment for reach stackers - from Tec Container.

Movers & Shakers

Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired
The 9th Vietnam-Japan Supporting Industries Exhibition (SIE) & Vietnam Manufacturing Expo (VME) Digital Exhibition will be held online from 15-17 September, 2021.
Recently Feyter Forklift Services completed the commissioning of a globally unique Movella Translifter at Steel Solutions in Maastricht, The Netherlands, to transport steel coils between its terminals...

In the Virtual Expo

2 Ton Lithium Pallet Trucks from STAXX
Upgraded Lithium Pallet Trucks from STAXX - the EPT20H full electric and PPT20H semi-electric pallet truck, with capacity of up to 2000kg.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Movers & Shakers

Wildeck, United States
UK/Europe sales manager
Seen Safety, New Zealand
vice chairman
NatRoad, Australia
retired