Yale MPB040ABC2748:
NO forward travel when requested

The solenoid is activating, but I have no forward travel. reverse works fine. also the horn doesn't work (switch). I can hear and feel the forward solenoid activating for both low and high speed.
  • Posted 6 Nov 2012 02:51
  • Discussion started by eric_h
  • Michigan, United States
Showing items 1 - 5 of 5 results.
These Units use White-Rodgers Solenoids, Power goes thru both in forward and reverse. Normal close side on one and activated side of the other. you can not see burnt contacts inside. If it work in in one direction and not the other and you can hear or feel the solenoid close or activate, the one of them is most likely bad. directional problems tell me motor is good. bad contacts inside of the solenoid. Very Common problem.
  • Posted 10 Jul 2015 00:32
  • Reply by Techhelp
  • Wisconsin, United States
my wag is on the switch in the control handle,
  • Posted 10 Nov 2012 11:07
  • Reply by edward_t
  • South Carolina, United States
"it's not rocket surgery"
Why do people not update others who are trying to help LOL. By the way my money is on broken wires in the tiller harness where is passes over the drive motor LOL
  • Posted 10 Nov 2012 05:07
  • Reply by kevin_k
  • dumfriesshire, United Kingdom
get a multimeter and check your circuits
you cant correctly diagnose a solenoid or a switch by touch or feel or listening to it
  • Posted 6 Nov 2012 21:43
  • Modified 6 Nov 2012 21:44 by poster
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
That should be 3 speeds. The 2 big solenoids are F and R, and the little ones are 2nd and 3rd speed, and lift pump. Just because you can hear and feel the solenoid activating doesn't mean it's working, if you are talking about the large F solenoid. If it doesn't click, then I would check to see if it's getting power when you twist the handle. If not, then check the switch in the control handle. If you listen carefully, with the key off, you can hear the little switches click. Should be 3 clicks going forward and 3 in reverse.
  • Posted 6 Nov 2012 05:19
  • Reply by mrfixit
  • New York, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Paarl, CP, South Africa A 28-year-old woman has been killed in a freak forklift accident on the KWV site in Paarl, South Africa. Police have identified the victim as Roché Fortuin, an employee...
Mumbai, India Konecranes and Larsen & Toubro (L&T), a large Indian multinational company, have signed a licensing agreement for the manufacturing and distribution of Konecranes port cranes in India, expanding Konecranes’ footprint...

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

JCB 533-105
Australia Victoria
United States Pennsylvania
Netherlands
Denmark
United States Pennsylvania

In the Virtual Expo

Automation Solutions for AGV from Bolzoni
AGV automated solutions are continuously evolving, and Bolzoni has been developing, designing and manufacturing special handling attachments for AGV applications including paper, food and beverage, logistics and more.

Next Editorial Features

SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023
DRIVERLESS/AUTOMATED MATERIALS HANDLING - Apr 2023
Automation solutions applied to the material handling world are continuously evolving. The latest technology development in Bolzoni has been to design and manufacture fully electric driven attachments to fit Automated Guided Vehicles.
Packaging Innovations & Empack, Featuring Contract Pack & Fulfilment, will be held at the NEC Birmingham on 15 & 16 February, 2023, and is free for attendees.

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading