Manitou MVT 1340 L:
MVT 1340L CAN'T GET TELESCOPIC BOOM TO COME APART. Hoses are leaking and need to replace them

I have hydraulic hoses leaking inside of my boom and can't seem to get the boom to come apart. This is a 3 section unit with the front section having a cylinder inside of the front portion, with a exterior cylinder on top of the boom moving the middle section. I have the front of the inside cylinder pin out and thought it would side out. I have 2 skid steer loaders supporting the beam and can pull it out straight but it is catching somewhere. I have the poly wear slides off and can;t see what is catching and don't want to put to much pressure on it for fear of breaking something. I can't seem to find a service manual on line and the local dealers are not really repair people. Thank you guys in advance for your help.
  • Posted 1 Sep 2020 12:39
  • Discussion started by jeff_wichmann
  • Nebraska, United States
Jeff from Nebraska

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Twinsburg, OH, United States Ravas has restructured its operating in the Americas and added field development support. As part of its strategic plan and commitment to the development of the Americas territories, Ravas...
Wauconda, IL, United States The Material Handling Equipment Distributor Association (MHEDA) is mourning the passing of Evelyn McWilliams. She passed away on Sunday, June 19th at the age of 80. MHEDA CEO Liz...

Inside Forkliftaction

We wrap up our LogiMAT coverage this week with a report on the overwhelming issue on the minds of everyone at the event in Stuttgart - the impact of supply chain disruptions and component shortages.
We heard of manufacturers with thousands of incomplete forklifts in their factories, most just waiting for
...Continue Reading

Inside Forkliftaction

We wrap up our LogiMAT coverage this week with a report on the overwhelming issue on the minds of everyone at the event in Stuttgart - the impact of supply chain disruptions and component shortages.
We heard of manufacturers with thousands of incomplete forklifts in their factories, most just waiting for
...Continue Reading
Wauconda, IL, United States The Material Handling Equipment Distributor Association (MHEDA) is mourning the passing of Evelyn McWilliams. She passed away on Sunday, June 19th at the age of 80. MHEDA CEO Liz...
London, United Kingdom End-users of lifting equipment have been conscripted to join in the third Global Lifting Awareness Day on 7 July. Organisers stress that the battle with gravity is essential to...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom Jungheinrich UK has launched a new forklift line with integrated lithium-ion batteries. The new POWERLiNE trucks are much more compact and agile, which makes them particularly suitable for use...
Stuttgart, Germany There was one topic looming behind almost every conversation at the recent LogiMAT gathering in Stuttgart: supply chain issues. Virtually every exhibitor has been affected by the double whammy...

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading