Hyster H120XM:
Intermittent Shutdown

I have a Hyster H120XM L005 GM 4.3 that has an intermittent shutdown issue. Machine may run 3 minutes, may run 30 seconds before code throws and shuts down. Machine oil levels are good, is not running hot, has new lock off and regulator, runs great until shutdown then cycle key and it immediately starts and runs again. Haven't been able to get the code to flash, I don't think it is storing and the local dealer does not support the software to pull codes with a computer. I'm assuming wiring, faulty sensor, or ECM is the issue. Any good starting points to suggest?
  • Posted 1 Jul 2022 01:01
  • Discussion started by Mech_94
  • Georgia, United States
Mech_94
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
I've had similar issues with that 4.3 GM, (not in a Hyster), solved by replacing the ignition control module in the distributor.
Also, check battery voltage when running, those ecu's will cut off with a higher voltage than normal.

Also, check ground connections, especially from the ecu.
  • Posted 5 Jul 2022 16:11
  • Reply by Speedfreak
  • Niederlande, Netherlands

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Terberg TT220
Denmark
Canada Ontario
China
United States Pennsylvania

In the Discussion Forums

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

Latest Jobs

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
Lexington, KY, United States
BSLBATT battery, a fast-paced, high-growth, hi-tech lithium-ion technology solutions company, is looking for Global Partners for expansion.
“Thanks to advertising with Forkliftaction, GemOne received more enquiries about our smart telematics solutions from businesses in the specific market we serve. We found that a simple TextAd led...

Featured Business

Cascade Corporation (World HQ)
Leading manufacturers of attachments, forks and related technologies for forklifts and AGVs.
"ForkliftAction.com maintains a technical forum with thousands of topics. We’ve sent lots of customers to their website over the years when customers call and ask for technical help." Marcel...
With nearly limitless productivity-enhancing options with attachments, forks, masts, and related technologies for forklifts and AGVs, Cascade offers the beverage industry a variety of materials handling solutions to lower operational costs and meet demand.

Latest Jobs

Richmond, Virginia, United States
SouthEast, United States
Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Next Editorial Features

FORKLIFT MANUFACTURING IN CHINA - Feb 2023
SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023