Hyster J30XMT:
intermittent code 228

s/n H160N02399Y Customer called me and stated intermittent fault 228. Lack of power. I checked for any loose connections, worn motor brushes, worn steer linkage. Drive test did not bring back fault. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Posted 9 Mar 2016 02:08
  • Discussion started by roadtek
  • Massachusetts, United States
Showing items 1 - 7 of 7 results.
Show 228 01 and 228 33
  • Posted 9 Jul 2022 00:08
  • Reply by Cleiton
  • Brazil
Cleiton nova
Code does not state if traction is reduced. My guess is it probably does.
  • Posted 21 Apr 2016 01:11
  • Reply by BREWSKI
  • Nebraska, United States
thanks. Will that cause traction speed reduction when the fault is live? He was stating truck travels slow, but I remember his stating there was no raise so you're probably on the mark.
  • Posted 21 Apr 2016 00:57
  • Reply by roadtek
Code 228 is open pump contact coil. Check wiring to coil and check coil resistance. I think it should be about 15 Ohms.
  • Posted 21 Apr 2016 00:53
  • Reply by BREWSKI
Spoke to customer and he swore display showed 228. ???
  • Posted 21 Apr 2016 00:34
  • Reply by roadtek
Not at all. Customer is stating he see's 228 as a fault. Should there be 3 or 4 digits for a code?
  • Posted 17 Mar 2016 21:58
  • Reply by roadtek
Are you sure it is code 228?
  • Posted 15 Mar 2016 01:13
  • Reply by BREWSKI

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Yann Leca, Exotec
Jeff Mason, Flux Power
Vilmar Fistarol, CNH Industrial
Rafael Miotto, CHN Industrial
Phoenix, AZ and Des Plaines, IL, United States Toyota Material Handling (TMH) and Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) have collaborated to assist Mom’s Pantry in Phoenix with the donation of a new, custom-built electric forklift. This equipment...

Inside Forkliftaction

The world's biggest equipment rental company, United Rentals, is about to become even bigger with its acquisition of Ahern Rentals.
This is just the latest in a string of rental acquisitions this year, prompted by rising demand for equipment at a time when supply lines are tight and purchase prices
...Continue Reading
INTELLilight is a flexible lighting solution for work machines that can be adapted to the operators needs and to the environment with which they are working in.
See your dealership promoted extensively on Forkliftacion and Machinery-onQ with our 12-month dealer advertising package. You'll receive: Wholesale trading (wholesale prices and opportunities) Unlimited stock on Machinery-onQ Extensive promotion...

Next Editorial Features

FLEET MANAGEMENT - September
CONTAINER HANDLING - November