Discussion:
Forklift Operator Safety Training business

Hello
I work with a forklift equipment dealer in a large market in the United States and often put on OSHA operator safety training classes for some of our customers for sit down riders, walk behinds, and narrow aisle forklifts. I've been thinking about going out on my own and offering these services to companies through my own safety company. Has anyone in this group tried this before or know someone that has or does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Is there a specific insurance or anything you know about that you would need to have before starting something like this? Just curious, thought it might be a good idea for a larger forklift market. I appreciate any responses-
  • Posted 20 Jul 2016 08:51
  • Discussion started by PWNOLA
  • Louisiana, United States
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
You're in the US, me, in Canada. Although some differences, I am confident some similarities.

I carry 2 million $ general commercial liability insurance, and that is it. Errors and omissions insurance was very difficult for my agent to find, and once he did, very expensive, and not worth it.
  • Posted 21 Jul 2016 19:44
  • Reply by dan_m
  • Ontario, Canada
Constantly Lifting The Standard!
I am not sure what the requirements are for legal issues but I would not even think about starting a training company without a substantial umbrella type insurance policy. I would contact someone at my states safety and health department or your local OSHA office and ask for some help.
  • Posted 21 Jul 2016 03:34
  • Reply by BREWSKI
  • Nebraska, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

BSLBATT chats to Electrical Engineer David Zabala as he embarks on a new path in the Americas.
The Plant Digitization Conference will be held virtually on the 19th and 20th August, 2021 (Singapore time zone).

Forklift Diaries

Living safety for 35 years, a forklift instructor reflects
Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
It has been distressing to
...Continue Reading

Fact of the week

The Olympics Used to Award Medals for Art. From 1912 to 1948, the Olympic Games held competitions in the fine arts. Medals were given for literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, and music. Before the art events were eventually removed, 151 medals were awarded.
'The yearling' sculpture in Denver, Colorado
A Rocky Mountain city provides a happy ending for a pinto pony and his Brobdingnagian red chair.

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
...Continue Reading
The BLAXTAIR pedestrian detection system is revolutionizing industrial and commercial workplaces using forklifts, making a huge difference in improving workplace safety.
Cascade has reliable, state-of-the-art attachments to help you make the most of palletless handling.

Forklift Diaries

Forklift instructor and warehouse manager Peter Faiers shares stories from his 35 years in the industry and provides insights into the changing landscape of safety training.

Fact of the week

The Olympics Used to Award Medals for Art. From 1912 to 1948, the Olympic Games held competitions in the fine arts. Medals were given for literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, and music. Before the art events were eventually removed, 151 medals were awarded.
A Rocky Mountain city provides a happy ending for a pinto pony and his Brobdingnagian red chair.
Promoting the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion across the logistics industry, Nimble Media and Talent in Logistics (TiL) present The Big Logistics Diversity Challenge 2021.
The Plant Digitization Conference will be held virtually on the 19th and 20th August, 2021 (Singapore time zone).

Forklift Diaries

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Fact of the week