Crown RM6000S:
drive unit eating top pinion shaft bearings

a little history on the unit. we bought 8 of these in 2014. 7 of the 8 had new drive units installed uniter major component warranty due to broken teeth in the oil when performing annual pm.

local dealer did not extend the major component warranty. unit was 1 month out of existing warranty when the dive unit started making agrinding noise. pulled drive unit out and found that the top pinion shaft bearing was bad. had a rough spot on the inner part of the race. checked the drive unit pump and it was operating as normal. replaced top and bottom pinon shaft bearings, reassembled and yay. quiet as a kitten.

8 months later, same truck, same noise. top bearing appears bad again. is anyone else having issues with the crown drive units in the RM6095s? seems to me that crown put an undersized DU in these trucks, especially heavy usage truck that i have here in my warehouse. "i have 3 of my initial 8 late 2014s that are already over 10k hours.
  • Posted 9 May 2019 01:04
  • Discussion started by Bazz
  • Maryland, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Summerville, SC, United States Impact Forklift Solutions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, has joined the KION North America dealer network. Impact will carry KION’s complete product portfolio of Linde Material Handling and Baoli brands...
Ancenis, France French equipment maker Manitou has recorded strong growth in the last quarter and for the last calendar year. “The group continues to accelerate its growth by closing the year...

In the Virtual Expo

SMS RI Multi-colour Print & Cut Industrial Labelling System
This unique in-house label printer manages all your customised label printing - the most user-friendly and efficient print & cut system ever. Easy to use, reliable, produces durable signs and labels.

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading
Packaging Innovations & Empack, Featuring Contract Pack & Fulfilment, will be held at the NEC Birmingham on 15 & 16 February, 2023, and is free for attendees.
"Thanks to our advertising with Forkliftaction, we were able to find new distributors for our disruptive proximity warning solution". Andreas Geamanu Global Sales & Marketing, Lopos Whatever your objective, we...

Featured Business

Lift Tek Elecar
Global leader in the design and manufacture of masts, carriages, integral sideshifters & fork positioners.

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States
Tailift has announced the release of their Z-Series lithium-battery electric forklifts! Built specifically to meet the needs of warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.
IWLEX is a brand-new purpose driven, industry exhibition, conference and community specifically focusing on warehousing and intralogistics, and will be held at the Telford International Centre, Shropshire, England on the 23-24 May 2023.