Hyster W45Z HD:
BDI problem

I've got a W45ZHD that has a charge indicator that starts dropping from full charge immediately after turning off the charger.
I've replaced the cables and batteries with T105s and still have the same problem. I can see the charge percentage drop just by standing there and watching it.
Other than that, it runs fine except when lift cut-out occurs.
Is there something I should be looking at other than the BDI? I was quoted $700cdn so it's not something I want to change without being sure.
  • Posted 20 Aug 2022 04:40
  • Modified 20 Aug 2022 04:40 by poster
  • Discussion started by sleepywheel
  • British Columbia, Canada
sleepywheel at gmail.com
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
the only way to be certain about the BDI is to hook up to the machine with PC Service Tool and check all the settings related to tbe BDI.
The default spec on the batteries is 110AH rating. If those new batteries are not that then the settings in the BDI/Controller may be wrong causing this issue.
In most cases a default reset on the system will fix any irregular issues but you still may want to verify all the settings are correct before spending that amount of money on a new BDI when it may not be the issue.
Note: doing these suggestions are only recommended after the batteries, battery charger, and all the cables and connections are verified to be good.
  • Posted 28 Aug 2022 00:35
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
If the batteries have water and are showing charged with your DMM, then the batteries are likely not the issue and the BDI may be faulty.
  • Posted 27 Aug 2022 08:23
  • Reply by Adam_Thrasher
  • Oregon, United States
A. Thrasher
No such luck. Only have a multimeter.
  • Posted 21 Aug 2022 13:05
  • Reply by sleepywheel
  • British Columbia, Canada
sleepywheel at gmail.com
Do you have a Curtis handset? Check what voltage the controller is reading.
  • Posted 21 Aug 2022 12:16
  • Reply by Yidneck
  • New York, United States
Dreamt I was fixing a machine, then came the paperwork and it turned into a nightmare.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Hyster H12.00XL2-12EC
Denmark
United States Pennsylvania
Canada Ontario

Featured Business

Bolzoni SpA (Group HQ)
Manufacturer of Lift Truck Attachments, Forks and Lift Tables, with the most extensive range in the market.

In the Discussion Forums

Next Editorial Features

FORKLIFT MANUFACTURING IN CHINA - Feb 2023
SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023

In the Discussion Forums

Kakinada, India Bothra Shipping Services has ordered three all-electric Generation 6 Konecranes Gottwald Mobile Harbour Cranes for its bulk terminals at the Port of Kakinada, on the central eastern coast of...
London, United Kingdom CNH Industrial has ceased all construction equipment sales activities in China. In the course of 2021, sales of Construction Equipment in China totalled approximately USD88 million, and CNH Industrial...

Fact of the week

The earliest known production of steel is seen in pieces of ironware excavated from an archaeological site in Anatolia and are nearly 4,000 years old, dating from 1800 BC. The main reasons for the popularity of steel are the relatively low cost of making, forming, and processing it, the abundance of its two raw materials (iron ore and scrap), and its unparalleled range of mechanical properties.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Aichi SP12A
Japan
United States Pennsylvania
Denmark
China

Upcoming Events

14 - 16 March 2023 - Rotterdam, Netherlands
August 4-6, 2023 - Coimbatore, India

Latest Jobs

SouthEast, United States
Mobile, Alabama, United States