WorkSafe executive director John Merritt.
Entries are now open for the WorkSafe Victoria Awards with a deadline of 24 April 2009.
WorkSafe executive director John Merritt says the awards are a way of encouraging everyone in the community to do more about making their workplaces safer.
"More than ever in hard times, maintaining high safety standards has to be a priority. Sharing your experiences with others through an awards nomination is one way you can help others.
"The awards encourage people to recognise that it's easy to achieve high standards of health and safety and to reap considerable rewards from doing so."
Details of the awards and registration requirements can be made online at www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/awards.
This year's categories include:
* Health and Safety Representative of the Year
* Health and Safety Committee of the Year
* Best Health and Safety Initiative in a Small Business
* Best Design for Workplace Safety
* Best Strategy for Health and Safety Management
* Best Solution for Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders
* Best Solution to a Health and Safety Risk