UniCarriers acknowledged its suppliers
UniCarriers Americas (UCA) recently held its 2019 Supplier Conference at the Marriott Chicago Northwest, hosting more than 120 participants from 80 component suppliers.
Themed "Partners in Progress", the event is an opportunity for UCA to communicate its corporate vision and goals to attendees as well as to recognise top-performing partners. During the conference, attendees learned about the state of UCA, performance results for fiscal year 2018, and key strategies and goals for fiscal year 2019. Executives also discussed the mission of UniCarriers System Solutions and how it is the driving force in providing customers with offerings and services beyond forklifts, which will enhance the overall value chain.
"Business is changing, and we are changing with it by executing growth strategies that will help us prepare for an unstable economic environment, all while containing costs," said James J. Radous III, president and CEO of UniCarriers Americas. "We want to become the preferred OEM provider for solutions offerings. By opening a path to more solutions, we'll generate more sales by creating more opportunities for our dealers and customers."
Five Supplier Excellence Awards were presented to suppliers who met or exceeded overall performance requirements, participated in cost-reduction activities, and bestowed exceptional customer service:
· Hodell-Natco Industries, Inc., a wholesale distributor of more than 40,000 industrial fastener and chain items;
· MISA Metal Fabricating, Inc., a fabricator providing oxy fuel, plasma, laser and band saw cutting services to world-class forklift and heavy industrial machinery manufacturers;
· Plateplus, Inc., a distributor offering a vast inventory of hot-rolled sheets and plates;
· Superior Battery Manufacturing, Inc., a supplier of batteries for UCA's class III, IV and V forklifts;
· TYRI Americas, a manufacturer of intelligent lighting solutions in LED, HID (Xenon) and halogen technologies.
"As valued partners, we recognise the contribution our suppliers make to our continued growth and success," said Dale Mark, vice president of manufacturing operations for UniCarriers Americas. "We will continue to work together and share in our progress, so we can stay competitive in the marketplace by delivering quality and reliable equipment."