Mechanic - Level 1 - Comfort
Kendall County, Texas, United States
The Taylor Group, Inc
As soon as possible
To provide inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair on lift trucks as directed by Service Center Manager.
Nature and Scope:
The Mechanic Level I reports directly to the Service Center Manager. His/her primary duties are to inspect, diagnose, and repair lift trucks. The incumbent must know how to use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot and test in order to arrive at a correct diagnosis. Once determination of problem is made, the Mechanic I will schedule and perform the work necessary to make such repairs, which may include working on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines, repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools as needed. The incumbent will also be required to perform preventative maintenance as needed to improve condition and performance of equipment.
The incumbent will plan and coordinate large repair projects, estimating time, and material needed. He/she will diagnose, repair, and maintain hydraulic systems and will have the ability to fabricate and weld as needed to repair equipment.
The incumbent will ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. He/she will maintain records of all maintenance performed.
This incumbent will consult with the Service Center Manager if problems are encountered that require more expert analysis or if instruction/assistance is needed for new or unusual situations that may develop.
He/she will keep work area clean and maintain the garage area as needed. As requested by supervisor, he/she may perform other related duties.
* Inspect lift trucks to determine the extent of repairs.
* Diagnose, repair, and maintain hydraulic systems. Plan and coordinate large repair projects, estimating time and material needed for work. Perform needed repairs on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines.
* Inspect, adjust, and repair components as needed.
* Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools.
* Perform preventative maintenance as need to improve condition and performance of equipment.
* Operate equipment to troubleshoot and test equipment as needed.
* Maintain records of all maintenance performed.
* Ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Assist with cleaning and maintaining garage area as needed.
* Other related duties as required.
Be knowledgeable with:
* The methods, materials, equipment and tools used in lift truck maintenance and repair.
* Various mechanical and electrical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
* Standard practices, tools and equipment of the mechanical trade.
* Principles and practices of gasoline and diesel engine repairs and maintenance.
* Fabricate and welding ability.
* Familiarity with a variety of hand and powered shop tools
* Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
* Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and others with whom he will have contact.
* Work in the absence of supervision and have the ability to supervise mechanics of a lesser level of experience.
Education and/or Experience:
* Some vocational or formal schooling in hydraulics and diesel engine repair.
* Three years on the job experience in diesel mechanics and hydraulics. Schooling in these fields could substitute for some of the job experience.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other technical material.
* This job requires stooping, bending, climbing, and capability of lifting up to 50 pounds.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHZlcnJ5LjQ2Mzc4Ljc5MTlAdGF5bG9yYmlncmVkLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Requirements / Skills
Please See Job Description