Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Workmans' Comp Code for field service tech
  • rrlift
  • Illinois, United States
We are about to hire our first mechanic and our insurance company is having a tough time identifying the correct "sic" code to be used to bill our workmans comp insurance. They are trying to classify us in agriculture and even aircraft repair. What have others used , we are not the first.
Thanks for any info
Alan

Working so I can ride.
  • Posted 10 Aug 2012 12:51 AM
Total replies: 4. Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
Replies
rrlift -

Answer: SIC CODE 7699 - Repair Shops and Related Services, Not Elsewhere Classified (NAICS CODE 811310)

Google: [url removed]

[url removed] Census Bureau:

NAICS 811310: Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (Except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance

This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the repair and maintenance of commercial and industrial machinery and equipment. Establishments in this industry either sharpen/install commercial and industrial machinery blades and saws or provide welding ([url removed], automotive, general) repair services; or repair agricultural and other heavy and industrial machinery and equipment ([url removed], forklifts and other materials handling equipment, machine tools, commercial refrigeration equipment, construction equipment, and mining machinery).

The data published with NAICS code 811310 are comprised of these parts of the following SIC industries:

7623 (pt) Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Repair
7694 (pt) Armature Rewinding and Repair Shops
7699 (pt) Industrial and Farm Machinery and Equipment Repair
  • Posted 11 Aug 2012 03:17 AM
  • • Modified 11 Aug 2012 03:30 AM by poster
Joseph
I can't seem to contact you directly so I will have to do it this way.
I need
I am a wholesaler of storage racks which the manufacturers SIC code is 2542, but I cannot find my code as a wholesaler.

I e mailed OSHA that question and got the "call us routine". Could you let me know please?
Thanks
Andrew

I learn from my customers and mistakes
  • Posted 14 Aug 2012 04:16 AM
andrew_j

The best source for SIC/NAICS Code information is the [url removed] Census Bureau.

Your codes are most likely:

SIC Code 50 - Wholesale Trade, Durable Goods

SIC Subset 5084 - Industrial Machinery and Equipment

NAICS Code 421 - Wholesale Trade, Durable Goods

NAICS Subset 4218 - Machinery, Equipment, and Supplies Wholesalers.
  • Posted 14 Aug 2012 09:46 AM
  • • Modified 14 Aug 2012 09:50 AM by poster
Thank you very much

I learn from my customers and mistakes
  • Posted 15 Aug 2012 06:43 AM
Total replies: 4. Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x