Discussion:
Is it time to let go of the work-life balance idea?

With so many of us feeling the burn of conflicting personal and work obligations lately, in my Kitchen Table Mingle blog (https://www.forkliftaction.com/news/newsdisplay.aspx?nwid=23371) I wonder is it time for us to let go of work-life balance?
What things help you negotiate your work and personal life at the moment without losing your sanity?
  • Posted 21 May 2020 13:31
  • Discussion started by FLA_Rosie
  • Queensland, Australia
Forkliftaction.com Team
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Good story FLA_Rosie. Extending the period for balance is a good idea if you can manage it and I need to stretch it out to 12 weeks...always working from home, I keep falling into the trap of spending too many hours in the "office"...and many days it's just some small breaks each day. So i have a pattern of taking four short holidays each year.....every 12 weeks I need that holiday. I plan a Christmas break and then a fishing break in April, another in July and another in late September.

But, with the Christmas fires this year and now the mess of Covid I have missed two of the breaks this year...perhaps i can go in July but, if not, I am definitely not taking my computer with me when I go fishing in September.
  • Posted 21 May 2020 16:41
  • Modified 21 May 2020 16:43 by poster
  • Reply by rodger_l
  • Queensland, Australia
Forum Administrator

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

LogiMAT postponed
New Asian event added
AntwerpXL delayed
Tessenderlo, Belgium An intermediary holding company, Hyundai Genuine, has been established, following the purchase in August of Doosan Infracore by Hyundai Heavy Industries Group. Doosan Infracore has since been renamed Hyundai-Doosan...

In the Virtual Expo

Konecranes 25-1200C 2016 diesel heavy forklift for sale
FOR SALE - Konecranes 25-1200C 2016 diesel heavy forklift - used and in good condition. With 25,000kg capacity, and lift height of 5,000mm.

Inside Forkliftaction

Nearly 180 million Americans shopped during the five-day holiday shopping period from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, according to the annual survey by the National Retail Federation.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, that news from North America is a bit thin this week. Our regular sources were either too
...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features

1. REDUCING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - Feb/Mar 2022
2. MH MANUFACTURING IN EUROPE - Apr/May 2022

Inside Forkliftaction

Nearly 180 million Americans shopped during the five-day holiday shopping period from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, according to the annual survey by the National Retail Federation.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, that news from North America is a bit thin this week. Our regular sources were either too
...Continue Reading
Dawsonville, GA If federal workplace safety requirements had been followed, a North Georgia site grading and pipeline contractor could have prevented the death of a 24-year-old worker who was killed in...
Sydney, NSW, Australia Australian electric vehicle producer and supplier Nexport has entered into an exclusive 20-year manufacturing and licensing agreement (MCLA) with leading French engineering firm Gaussin. The agreement will see the...

In the Virtual Expo

Carer Electric Forklift Solutions
The new A140S 96V electric forklift from CARER - an extremely compact and maneuverable lithium forklift with a 30,000lb capacity. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.

Next Editorial Features

Treviso, Italy Italian forklift maker Raniero has partnered with BSLBATT to launch a line of sit-down counterbalance trucks with integrated, high-voltage lithium-ion power. The new Raniero models provide a zero-emission alternative...
Sydney, NSW, Australia Australian electric vehicle producer and supplier Nexport has entered into an exclusive 20-year manufacturing and licensing agreement (MCLA) with leading French engineering firm Gaussin. The agreement will see the...

In the Virtual Expo

The new Halo Bar from Flexi
The new Halo Bar - a dual functionality attachment that is quickly and easily fitted to a Flexi Truck's chassis as a computer mounting accessory and access aid for operators.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features