Hyster H50XL:
Starter replacement

Just got my hands on a hyster h50xl 1989 model. Every now and then when cranking, the starter would just spin and not turn the engine. I figured theres a bad spot or two on the ring gear. A few days after I got ut the starter went out so I removed and took to my local starter rebuild shop and he verified it was bad. I bought a new replacement from him and got it installed. Now it has only cranked it a couple times but made a good bit of noise. The mounting holes are slotted so I have tried it in a couple different locations with no better result. I have ordered a new ring gear so I'm hoping that will fix this issue. Any ideas?
  • Posted 22 Jun 2020 01:01
  • Discussion started by Jeff_Golden
  • Alabama, United States
JeffG.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Find my next new, used or rental: ELECTRIC FORKLIFT PEDESTRIAN STACKER REACH TRUCK/STACKERS PALLET MOVER   Find machines 24/7 Login to Machinery-onQ, save your search preferences and receive matching...
Cascade Forks+ is a line of specialty forks that are changing the way people work. With special features that boost the potential of any forklift, Forks+ are here to bring you advanced material handling.

Latest Jobs

Greenville, NC, United States
East Peoria, IL, United States
Hazleton, PA, United States
Clinton, Mississippi, United States

Next Editorial Features

1. FORKLIFT INNOVATIONS – Nov 2021
2. REDUCING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT – Feb/Mar 2022

Latest Jobs

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Find my next new, used or rental: ELECTRIC FORKLIFT PEDESTRIAN STACKER REACH TRUCK/STACKERS PALLET MOVER   Find machines 24/7 Login to Machinery-onQ, save your search preferences and receive matching...
One of Combilift's most recent developments is the Combilift Xpress (Combi-XC), specifically designed for the quick horizontal movement of containers in a typical container terminal.

Next Editorial Features

Miretti Group is working with experienced testing laboratories to test and develop explosion proof solutions for Li-Ion batteries.
Reducing waste may not always be easy but it's both environmentally and economically rewarding. Cat Lift Trucks discusses how a company can significantly reduce its environmental impacts.

Latest Jobs

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Clinton, Mississippi, United States

Next Editorial Features