Yale GLC040AFNUAE082:
Spark Problem s/n A809N11053X

Gents, we've got a Yale that seems to destroy igniters. This started out as a no start. Had odd spark, changed the ignitor, fired immediately, ran about a half minute, swore I heard a small pop sound, would not fire up again.
Last time out we changed the igniter, pick up, and coil all at once. Now no spark at all.
Looking for suggestions. Appears to be an aftermarket copy distributor. All of your other basics done. Timing is on, other ignition components have been changed. Voltages present, it is not flooding. By the way it fired immediately, I haven't bother with a compression test.
Does anyone have the readings that your supposed tp get at the terminals on a good ignitor? It seems that Yale does not have that info. Thanks
  • Posted 12 Feb 2021 06:43
  • Discussion started by Cashew
  • Illinois, United States
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
What is your charging voltage? What is the voltage you are getting at the distributor? I have had alternators blow ignitors. How are your engine grounds?
  • Posted 21 Feb 2021 12:17
  • Reply by PorkChop
  • Ontario, Canada

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

"Thanks to our advertising with Forkliftaction, we were able to find new distributors for our disruptive proximity warning solution". Andreas Geamanu Global Sales & Marketing, Lopos Whatever your objective, we...
Tailift has announced the release of their Z-Series lithium-battery electric forklifts! Built specifically to meet the needs of warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.
“…I'm happy to report that we recently appointed an ideal candidate who found us via the Forkliftaction ad. This speaks volumes from my point of view.” - Hamish Clark, President...
Rebo Systems has developed a unique in-house label printer that can effectively satisfy all your demands for signs and labels on your materials handling equipment.

In the Virtual Expo

Automation Solutions for AGV from Bolzoni
AGV automated solutions are continuously evolving, and Bolzoni has been developing, designing and manufacturing special handling attachments for AGV applications including paper, food and beverage, logistics and more.

Next Editorial Features

SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023
DRIVERLESS/AUTOMATED MATERIALS HANDLING - Apr 2023
Rebo Systems has developed a unique in-house label printer that can effectively satisfy all your demands for signs and labels on your materials handling equipment.
Automation solutions applied to the material handling world are continuously evolving. The latest technology development in Bolzoni has been to design and manufacture fully electric driven attachments to fit Automated Guided Vehicles.

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States