• Posted 20 Jun 2010 03:25
  • Discussion started by raul_s
  • San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Showing items 16 - 30 of 32 results.
Joe, where are you located in Texas?
  • Posted 6 Nov 2010 12:13
  • Reply by herb_m
  • Louisiana, United States
I've worked on toyotas, tai lift, komatsu, hyster, nissan, taylor, etc., If I had my rathers, I'd go to komatsu but my boss wants to keep the fleet standardized even though he's a little miffed at the clark dealer these days. We are supposed to be getting a 5K sit down raymond electric demo to play with just not sure how weather-proofed it is as it will be used inside and out unloading trucks.
  • Posted 5 Nov 2010 01:21
  • Reply by joe_d
  • Texas, United States
Joe D, I'd recommend getting other dealers in & Demo other brands. If you don't, what do you have to compare the Clark to? Also, I know that Mitsubishi & Cat are offering some very lucrative lease & warranty packages. Never hurts to keep an open mind.
  • Posted 5 Nov 2010 00:40
  • Reply by Budman
  • Alabama, United States
I prefer to "test drive" a new lift before purchasing by giving it to an operator that will run the crap out of it. I need to replace an old CGP25 and inquired about a C30L demo with the new Hyundai and was told they won't be available til January 2011. Now I'm in a quandry....wait and test or go with an existing Mitsi powered Clark?
  • Posted 4 Nov 2010 22:48
  • Reply by joe_d
  • Texas, United States
The Hyundai engine is not the same engine that Doosan is using in their truck. Doosan is running th 2.0L and Clark is running the 2.4L. Also, Clark is the only one running the Jupiter fuel system. As far as I know, Mitsubishi has no plans to build a tier 4 engine. I think this is a great move on Clark's part because of the increased HP and more torque. I'm sure they have have done their homework to justify the change. If you have a chance to drive a Clark with the new engine you may be surprised with the performance.
  • Posted 4 Nov 2010 14:17
  • Reply by herb_m
  • Louisiana, United States
Joe D, not sure which fuel system. Not much info that I've run across on the Hyundia engines in the industrial application. I do know that Clark along w/ Doosan have tried to bring their pricing down to be competitive in the lower end market and hurt their reputation. When Clark went thru bankruptsey, they had to liqiudate a lot of their parts and this might be one way to start fresh w/ different engine.
  • Posted 28 Oct 2010 23:34
  • Reply by Budman
  • Alabama, United States
Budman, hopefully it's just the Doosan brand. My boss has said the same about Clark (I've been saying it since day one) over the past 6 months but doesn't want to "mongrel" the fleet. Which on one hand it's good because that would add to my spare parts headache. Does those Doosans you spoke of have the Jupiter fuel system?
  • Posted 28 Oct 2010 21:18
  • Reply by joe_d
  • Texas, United States
Ain't nothing I can't fix but a broken heart and the break of day!
Good luck w/ Hyundai Engine. Customers of mine said that they'd never buy another Doosan that runs the same Engine. But I think they were disgusted with the overall Doosan product. Not much info on this engine in the industrial Fork Lift application
  • Posted 28 Oct 2010 04:11
  • Reply by Budman
  • Alabama, United States
budman1063@att.net
I asked the question of the sales mgr of a local dealer here and after the shock wore off he said he hadn't heard that but would check into it and let me know. It took about a week but he just called and confirmed that yes, they will start coming with Hyundai engines when present stock of mits are gone. Can't say I'm broken hearted! :-)
  • Posted 9 Jul 2010 00:54
  • Reply by joe_d
  • Texas, United States
Wouldn't tier 4 be the main reason for the change?????

Does anyone know if the 4G63/4 is capable of reaching tier4?????
  • Posted 1 Jul 2010 08:03
  • Modified 1 Jul 2010 08:03 by poster
  • Reply by sparky
  • West Midlands, United Kingdom
Hi Joe,
No the water pump is external belt drive and the Hyundai engine has a cam chain not belt.
It is 70HP and the Mitsi 4G64 is 51HP, I think in fact it has more HP and torque than any of the competitors.
  • Posted 30 Jun 2010 03:02
  • Reply by danny_k
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I've got a fleet of Clarks here (thinking about replacing 2 of em as I type this) and have never worked on a hyundai. Is the water pump internal on the Hyundai like it is on the Mits? What other common issues are there on em?
  • Posted 30 Jun 2010 01:49
  • Reply by joe_d
  • Texas, United States
I think it's a good move for Clark to differentiate them from the competition.....seems that everyone except Toyota & Hyster/Yale are going with the Nissan K21/K25 motor.
  • Posted 29 Jun 2010 04:14
  • Reply by TimJ
  • Florida, United States
The reason for change is that Mitsubishi are stopping making the 4G63 and 4G64 engines. Doosan use the same Hyundai engine in Europe and I know a couple of Doosan dealers who say they are not much trouble.
  • Posted 28 Jun 2010 22:24
  • Reply by danny_k
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
1. Clark's brochures on their current website still show the Mitsunishi engine.
2. But it might make sense they (Clark ) will be changing as Mitsubish/Cat no longer uses a Mitsubishi engine in there gas/LPG 3-6500 units - they use the Nissan K21/25 engine.
  • Posted 28 Jun 2010 01:30
  • Reply by johnr_j
  • Georgia, United States
"Have An Exceptional Day!"

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

The Plant Digitization Conference will be held virtually on the 19th and 20th August, 2021 (Singapore time zone).
Promoting the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion across the logistics industry, Nimble Media and Talent in Logistics (TiL) present The Big Logistics Diversity Challenge 2021.

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
It has been distressing to
...Continue Reading

Inside Forkliftaction

Germany has a special place in the hearts of most people in materials handling. We are very familiar with their products globally and many of us have spent time at trade shows in the country which, in many ways, is the centre of forklift technology.
...Continue Reading
- Load capacity 1.5ton - Lift height 4.5m-10m - Min. aisle width 1640mm With ultra wide vision, MiMA man-up turret truck can operate with ease in very narrow...
The BLAXTAIR pedestrian detection system is revolutionizing industrial and commercial workplaces using forklifts, making a huge difference in improving workplace safety.
The BLAXTAIR pedestrian detection system is revolutionizing industrial and commercial workplaces using forklifts, making a huge difference in improving workplace safety.
BSLBATT chats to Electrical Engineer David Zabala as he embarks on a new path in the Americas.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading