Hyster P60:
Hyster P60 Oil

Hi Ive lurked here for awhile but this is post number 1. One of my forklifts is a Hyster p60 gas engine 4 speed manual which I have had for about two years. Its an old *** but is great in the dirt. But hopefully someone here knows the answer to my question. We pulled out the clutch and transmission which were both full of oil. We are just not sure what kind of oil to put back in now that its put back together. Especially for the clutch.. but also for the transmission. Thanks a lot for any reply.
  • Posted 16 Mar 2015 13:09
  • Discussion started by bigcreek
  • Idaho, United States
Showing items 1 - 6 of 6 results.
That is from the mid 60's. Didn't it look like 90 weight gear oil in the transmission? That's what I would put in it. Then I would put ATF in the bell housing.
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 23:49
  • Reply by mrfixit
  • New York, United States
Dang I wish this would let me attach a picture and Id show a pic of the number plate. Its a Hyster all right, big yellow thing that says Hyster in several places on it. The plate next to the seat says Lift Truck Model P60A, then right below that Serial Number:
A18D 3020S among other things with the yellow and black Hyster logo.
Well thanks anyway!
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 22:52
  • Reply by bigcreek
  • Idaho, United States
Are you sure this is a hyster truck?
that serial number still does not match any hyster or even yale serial number formatting.
If this is indeed a hyster i'm afraid the only way to find info on this truck is if someone has a hardcopy of a manual, it does not exist in hyster database.

It almost looks like a caterpillar serial number but they usually do not end in letters.
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 21:57
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
here is the serial number for the P60A. Serial number: A18D 3020S. It has a hydraulic clutch. Thanks in advance for any input!
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 13:46
  • Reply by bigcreek
  • Idaho, United States
Shoot ya Ill get that when I head over to the shop today!
  • Posted 17 Mar 2015 00:19
  • Reply by bigcreek
  • Idaho, United States
can you give a full model and serial number?
this truck appears to be so old its not even in the hyster database
:o/

i do remember these oil bath clutches either used hydraulic oil from the hydraulic system or they might of had a separate sump in the base of the transmission that pumped oil into the clutch housing area. It just depends on the model truck and year of mfg.
  • Posted 16 Mar 2015 23:03
  • Modified 16 Mar 2015 23:05 by poster
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

JCB TLT30D
Netherlands
China
Denmark
Netherlands
China

In the Virtual Expo

HELI's new K2 series internal combustion forklift
Newly launched, HELI brings a new generation of technical innovation and quality improvements to give users a brand-new driving experience. Featuring exhaust gas after-treatment technology for green advantages.

Inside Forkliftaction

There's some optimism about the global economy from one of the world's leading banks, Deutsche Bank.
The bank's chief investment officer for Private Banking, Christian Nolting, is tipping mild recessions in Europe and the US for 2023, "but improving dynamics in Asia where supply chains are all but resolved". ...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features

FORKLIFT MANUFACTURING IN CHINA - Feb 2023
SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023

Latest Jobs

Louisville, KY, United States
Louisville, KY, United States
Dalton, Georgia, United States
Lubbock, Texas, United States

Xilin OPTS15
China
Denmark
Canada Ontario
Netherlands
Canada Ontario

In the Virtual Expo

ProMat 2023
Touch the future at ProMat 2023. With keynotes, networking, education, and product booths, ProMat is where manufacturing and supply chain innovation comes to life. Visit promatshow.com today.

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

Xilin OPSM
China