Mitsubishi FD35:
Help! Torque converter stuck!

I have a really old FD35 (early 80's?) w a 6DR50A Diesel engine and a Okamura Y50530X transmission.
Was told it's a grey market machine. Has bad transmission fluid leak from bell housing. I pulled the engine, assuming torque converter seal leak. Torque converter won't come off! Bolt together style, I unbolted the outer half and removed snap ring, but won't come off the shaft. Made puller, but won't budge even with a lot of force. Ideas? Do I need to remove the one way clutch? Is there something holding it? I don't want to break something. Help!
  • Posted 9 Oct 2020 04:31
  • Discussion started by Marty_Smith
  • Alaska, United States
Marty

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Northampton, United Kingdom Doosan has launched a new, range of electric reach trucks. The BR14JW 9-Series combines faster operating speeds with advanced ergonomics and greater driver comfort. As...
Lorette, France French equipment maker Haulotte has recorded a satisfying sales rise in the first half of 2021. In its statement to the market, the company notes...

In the Virtual Expo

1.5-2t Lithium-ion Pallet Truck
The 1.5-2t Lithium-ion Pallet Truck - compact and reliable design, versatile and convenient, engineered with dextrous maneuverability.

Fact of the week

During WWII, while testing the top secret and first jet-engined aircraft by Bell Aircraft, US pilot Jack Woolams donned a gorilla mask and a bowler hat on his head so that any witnesses who reported back would not be believed.
The Open-Air Wax Museum
An odd hodgepodge of wax figures is displayed in a shopping center walkway in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Cannock, United Kingdom Mereway Group has taken delivery of seven Hyster forklifts at its warehouse hub. The new fleet is all on a seven-year contract hire and is...
Surrey, United Kingdom Hyster is the latest to offer integrated lithium-ion battery power in its counterbalance truck range, with the launch of the J2.5-3.0XNL. Engineered around a fully...

In the Virtual Expo

The new MONO finger joystick from Frei
Active feedback for greater safety and performance. Frei presents a new finger-operated Joystick with haptic feedback which offers the greatest route to improved safety for operators.

Fact of the week

During WWII, while testing the top secret and first jet-engined aircraft by Bell Aircraft, US pilot Jack Woolams donned a gorilla mask and a bowler hat on his head so that any witnesses who reported back would not be believed.
The Open-Air Wax Museum
An odd hodgepodge of wax figures is displayed in a shopping center walkway in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Cannock, United Kingdom Mereway Group has taken delivery of seven Hyster forklifts at its warehouse hub. The new fleet is all on a seven-year contract hire and is...
Waukesha, WI, United States Wildeck has appointed Angela Wurtz as its new director of people operations. Wurtz will be responsible for all aspects of...

In the Virtual Expo

2 Ton Lithium Pallet Trucks from STAXX
Upgraded Lithium Pallet Trucks from STAXX - the EPT20H full electric and PPT20H semi-electric pallet truck, with capacity of up to 2000kg.

Fact of the week

The Open-Air Wax Museum