Doosan (& Daewoo) G30E-3:
Grabby brakes

G30E-3 serial CX-04308

I am a new owner of this unit and it came with brakes that grab and groan even when the pedal is pressed lightly. I know they're a wet multi-plate setup but it seems like they're responding as if they're dry. Do they run in the diff oil? Or do they have their own reservoir? thanks
  • Posted 14 Aug 2018 00:13
  • Modified 14 Aug 2018 00:15 by poster
  • Discussion started by Java
  • Ontario, Canada
Showing items 1 - 5 of 5 results.
Drain and clean out the oil in the brake system and replace with low foaming universal tractor transmission fluid. Run for a few hours and change it again with universal tractor transmission fluid. It will be fine after that
  • Posted 6 May 2022 02:24
  • Reply by Cupidstunt
  • Bristol, United Kingdom
Thanks Tom, ended up using TGH fluid. I think the old fluid just hadn't been changed in a long time, it had lost its lubricity and that's why the brakes were grabbing.
  • Posted 17 Aug 2018 03:31
  • Reply by Java
  • Ontario, Canada
Doosan recommends a trans/gear lube for wet brake applications.
  • Posted 17 Aug 2018 03:13
  • Reply by tom_p
  • Alberta, Canada
Thanks Helga I'll give it a try
  • Posted 14 Aug 2018 03:47
  • Reply by Java
  • Ontario, Canada
Hi There, We had a problem the same a Doosan Forklift, We changed the Diff Oil at the front, and by memory it was Automatic oil, Dextron used. I would recommend change the Oil with the correct fluid.
Helga
  • Posted 14 Aug 2018 01:22
  • Reply by Helga
  • United Kingdom

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Latest Jobs

Louisville, KY, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Peoria, IL, United States

Next Editorial Features

FLEET MANAGEMENT - September
CONTAINER HANDLING - November

Inside Forkliftaction

The world's biggest equipment rental company, United Rentals, is about to become even bigger with its acquisition of Ahern Rentals.
This is just the latest in a string of rental acquisitions this year, prompted by rising demand for equipment at a time when supply lines are tight and purchase prices
...Continue Reading
Santa Fe, NM, United States Home Depot is being sued after an employee ran over a Santa Fe man, leading to the amputation of his leg. Santiago Brito was struck by the forklift driven...
Phoenix, AZ and Des Plaines, IL, United States Toyota Material Handling (TMH) and Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) have collaborated to assist Mom’s Pantry in Phoenix with the donation of a new, custom-built electric forklift. This equipment...

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom
Washington, DC, United States The confidence of the US equipment finance sector is falling, with the latest Monthly Confidence Index for the Equipment Finance Industry (MCI-EFI) falling. The November confidence index fell to...
Yann Leca, Exotec
Jeff Mason, Flux Power
Vilmar Fistarol, CNH Industrial
Rafael Miotto, CHN Industrial

Your Focus

Stuart Taylor
Stuart Taylor

Latest Jobs

Louisville, KY, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Springfield, IL, United States
Louisville, Mississippi, United States