Crown WAV50-118:
Crown WAVE

For some decades I have collected and organized technical info on various crown equipment including WAVE.
Contact my profile to share detailed troubleshooting info.
  • Posted 8 Apr 2018 05:12
  • Discussion started by tom_p
  • Alberta, Canada
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
I had a wav 118-60 that wouldn't power up. When you turned the key on the display or battery meter wouldn't light up. I checked fuses, plugs, power to the contactor and controller but it just wouldn't power up. I don't have access to Crown manuals so I told the owner to get a Crown tech in. He did they used an analyzer worked on it for 8 plus hours. They came to the conclusion that it needed a new wiring harness. Could it be the contactor for the hydraulics?
  • Posted 2 Apr 2022 12:00
  • Reply by BigAl73
  • Pennsylvania, United States
I had a wav 118-60 that wouldn't power up. When you turned the key on the display or battery meter wouldn't light up. I checked fuses, plugs, power to the contactor and controller but it just wouldn't power up. I don't have access to Crown manuals so I told the owner to get a Crown tech in. He did they used an analyzer worked on it for 8 plus hours. They came to the conclusion that it needed a new wiring harness. Could it be the contactor for the hydraulics?
  • Posted 2 Apr 2022 11:56
  • Reply by BigAl73
428 is mismatch of traction pot and motor speed. Can you drive normal with the platform down? Does it only cut out if you raise to a certain point? That would point me to the mast cables.
  • Posted 25 Feb 2020 09:34
  • Reply by Ifixit
Hi Tom

I have a WAV60-118 (yr 2016) in trouble cutting out when driving with the forks raised.
following codes are displayed 312 233 428
we suspect damage to wiring loom in mast?

can you shed any light on this.

if it is a controller problem will we need engineer access codes/ hand held controller to set up the new controller

thanks in advance
  • Posted 24 Feb 2020 22:35
  • Modified 24 Feb 2020 22:35 by poster
  • Reply by gussy78
  • Ireland, Ireland

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Ice 24INCH-AUTO-SCRUBBER
United States Pennsylvania
Canada Ontario
Canada Ontario
Denmark

In the Virtual Expo

UPLIFTING VERTICAL SA
UPLIFTING VERTICAL SA offers a wide range of equipment for handling general loads, containers and special loads.

Inside Forkliftaction

Two recent trends are again evident this week. The first is the rise of refurbished equipment as we report on two manufacturers offering certified used equipment. That, of course, is partly a result of supply shortages and delays for new machines.
The second is the roll-out of new models, which
...Continue Reading

Fact of the week

Athletes in the ancient Olympic Games participated in the nude showing off their physical power and muscular physique as a tribute to the Greek God Zeus.
Memorium Nürnberger Prozesse - Nuremberg, Germany
A museum that chronicles the history of the Nuremberg Trials for Nazi war criminals in the building where the trials were once held.

Inside Forkliftaction

Two recent trends are again evident this week. The first is the rise of refurbished equipment as we report on two manufacturers offering certified used equipment. That, of course, is partly a result of supply shortages and delays for new machines.
...Continue Reading

Toyota 40-3FD60
China
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

TYRI INTELLilight
INTELLilight connects work lights in a closed wireless network allowing advanced functions without additional cables. Units are registered to an app and/or remote, to control/program them individually.

Fact of the week

Athletes in the ancient Olympic Games participated in the nude showing off their physical power and muscular physique as a tribute to the Greek God Zeus.
A museum that chronicles the history of the Nuremberg Trials for Nazi war criminals in the building where the trials were once held.

Bada 10SE
Italy
Japan

In the Virtual Expo

Hangcha 2.0-3.0T A Series Hi Range Pallet Truck
With three braking types for added safety, top quality hydraulic power unit, compact body and rounded design providing ideal operation in limited space.
Logimat Hall 9 Stand C32.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Fact of the week