Caterpillar M50DP:
Caterpillar M50DP with error code F5

Hi all,

I have a Caterpillar M50DP which runs for about 15-30min, then will not move. The hydraulics still work, and the panel comes on, but the drive wheels stop working. The battery is fully charged, and the code I'm getting is F5. Looking on the back of the rear panel covering, F5 means "drive system failure, consult service manual".

Any idea on what might be going on?

Thanks!
  • Posted 19 Jul 2020 05:50
  • Discussion started by karter3000
  • British Columbia, Canada
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
i know its been a month since you posted but thought i'd throw in some info in case you're still stumped.
F5 indicates a fault in the drive system (we already know this)
the possible causes listed for that code are:
-Faulty: wire connections @ T1D, T2D, or (T3D if equipped).
-Failed: current limit set too low, failed D5D or D4D.
-Failed: driver board or failed logics

I would test the drive transistors and all the diodes and make sure none are blown.
the drive transistors are known to cause issues like this so i'd test them first.
  • Posted 16 Aug 2020 01:08
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE IN: EUROPE - EASTERN & WESTERN

Linde P60Z
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

TYRI Light Academy
TYRI Light Academy has been launched as a platform on TYRI's website. Register now for our upcoming webinar: DESIGN & INTELLIGENCE - The future of heavy vehicle lighting.

Inside Forkliftaction

As COVID-19 vaccines roll out around the world, it looks like business confidence is bouncing back and materials handling is set to benefit even more.
This week, we include a report from KION which anticipates strong growth for the global materials handling market in 2021 as economic conditions improve. ...Continue Reading

Fact of the week

The tallest people in the world live in the Netherlands. The average height for Dutch men is 183cm (6ft), while women average 171cm (5ft 7in). According to military records, the average male height in the Netherlands has risen by 20cm in the last 200 years.
Spider Statue in Yerevan, Armenia
Destruction from Armenia's 1988 earthquake inspired an artist's sculptures of scrap metal.

Inside Forkliftaction

As COVID-19 vaccines roll out around the world, it looks like business confidence is bouncing back and materials handling is set to benefit even more.
This week, we include a report from KION which anticipates strong growth for the global materials handling market in 2021 as economic conditions improve. ...Continue Reading

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Hyster H155FT
Australia Western Australia
Japan
Australia Victoria
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

AGV automation solutions from Bolzoni
Latest technology from Bolzoni - fully electric driven attachments to fit Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), providing solutions to meet new demands in e-grocery.

Fact of the week

The tallest people in the world live in the Netherlands. The average height for Dutch men is 183cm (6ft), while women average 171cm (5ft 7in). According to military records, the average male height in the Netherlands has risen by 20cm in the last 200 years.
Destruction from Armenia's 1988 earthquake inspired an artist's sculptures of scrap metal.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Kalmar DRF450-60S5
Belgium
Canada Ontario
Malaysia
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

Tamtron Scalift 100 and 200 scales
Tamtron Scalift 100 and 200 scales are designed for efficient and accurate weighing and will fit all forklift models.

Inside Forkliftaction

Fact of the week