News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Yes 21966

The telehandler market leads the news on Forkliftaction

Thursday, 20 Jun 2019 ( #928 )
Haulotte HTL3207 telehandler - covered in Forkliftaction News
Forkliftaction continues to cover the telehandler market with telehandlers leading the news in recent weeks. Recent coverage of manufacturer R&D reveals that an emphasis has been placed on electrification and the development of smaller machines for tight spaces. Forkliftaction readers have also been informed of new collaborations and noteworthy fleet expansions.

Here is a roundup of our stories on Telehandlers in recent weeks:

Morris Leslie Plant Hire in the UK has placed its biggest-ever telehandler order worth GBP36 million (USD45.6 million). The deal for 555 Loadalls, ranging from the compact 6 m 525-60 up to the 20 m 540-200, has been placed through dealer Scot JCB. Morris Leslie Plant Hire managing director Graham Ogilvie says: "As the construction market continues to develop, Morris Leslie is experiencing excellent company growth...’

FORKLIFTACTION SPECIAL FEATURE REPORT: In a changing and fluctuating market, the rough-terrain forklift and telehandler sector is not without its challenges. Melissa Barnett takes a look at a look at the market with special focus on how manufacturers are investing heavily in R&D to meet the rapidly changing needs of the market. READ ‘ROUGH AND TUMBLE: ROUGH-TERRAIN FORKLIFTS AND TELEHANDLERS’

Jungheinrich and Riwal will work together in the future on an international scale to rent their equipment. Jungheinrich will use Riwal aerial work platforms for logistics centres, while Riwal will be able to offer Jungheinrich forklifts to customers in other segments. The aim is to create a global one-stop-shop for forklift trucks, aerial work platforms and telehandlers, providing customers of both companies easier access to the right equipment.

Again in the UK, JCB is celebrating its biggest single order from leading equipment rental business Nixon Hire as it invests in a brand new telehandler machine fleet worth almost GBP14 million (USD18 million). Nixon Hire managing director Graham Nixon says the decision to buy JCB was based on the quality and efficiency of the product as well as the excellent aftermarket support receive from Scot JCB throughout the UK.

Dutch aerial work platform and telehandler rental and sales specialist Riwal is investing nearly EUR100 million (USD112 million) in its fleet during 2019. About 75% of the investment will be for fleet expansion, supporting Riwal’s international growth strategy. The remaining 25% of the investment is for fleet renewal.  A considerable part of the fleet plan consists of electric and hybrid machines, reflecting Riwal’s emphasis on sustainability.

Haulotte has introduced a new compact telescopic handler designed for tight job sites. The HTL 3207 has a length of 4.67 m and a maximum lift capacity of 3.2 T, with a lift height of 6.85 m. According to the manufacturer, maintenance operations are simple and fast to execute, improving the total cost of ownership of the machines.

Italian equipment maker Faresin has presented what it claims to be the world’s first fully electric telescopic handler. Developed on the same chassis as the 6.26 telescopic handler, the electric model overcomes the problems of emissions and noise, "opening the field to a new range of uses (and) interpreting the technological change that is revolutionising mobility as we have known it until today".

Each week, 71,000+ opt-in readers trust Forkliftaction News to cover the issues at the forefront of the industry. They are people who buy, sell, manufacture, manage and operate materials handling equipment. If you have something to share with this audience please contact us today.
Discuss News stories in the Discussion Forums!
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.