Hyster E50XL:
Wont move

I bought a 1986 E40XL-mil at an Army auction. The hydraulics work fine, but I dont even get a click when I try to get it to move. Ideas? Schematic? Allan
  • Posted 10 Feb 2007 02:10
  • Discussion started by allan_s
  • Arizona, United States
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Yep, lots of ideas...

Does that unit have the led display?
If so, what code?

If not, does the p/s motor turn on?
If no, check seat switch/brake switch.

If yes check the switch on the accel pedal.
Does it click, what's the voltages?

If that's ok, check the drive system for any welded contacts.

The card looks for ~50% battery voltage across scr1, then it will close a direction contactor and check for 100%.

So your failure is either in the switches/wiring/fuses or you have a shorted contactor/bad motor/bad rec/bad card.

I'll need the s/n to get more specific...
  • Posted 13 Feb 2007 02:00
  • Reply by mike_n
  • Alberta, Canada

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

Latest Jobs

Lexington, KY, United States
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
BSLBATT battery, a fast-paced, high-growth, hi-tech lithium-ion technology solutions company, is looking for Global Partners for expansion.
After 21 years of intense operation of our paper roll clamp, Saint-Gobain confirms Bolzoni as forklift truck attachment supplier for its plasterboard panels production in Termoli facility.

In the Virtual Expo

KOOI®ReachForks by MEIJER Handling Solutions
Prevent damage to pallets and goods, increase efficiency, and reduce operating costs with KOOI®ReachForks. Reachforks allow a variety of different pallet sizes to be handled safely and quickly.

Next Editorial Features

FORKLIFT MANUFACTURING IN CHINA - Feb 2023
SMART ATTACHMENTS - Mar 2023
Sensortronic Weighing & Inspection Australasia (SWIA) is an industry leader in weighing measurement solutions and is an exclusive agent for the Compuload range of products.
Retail Supply Chain & Logistics Expo is the unmissable event for retailers looking to source the solutions that will ensure their supply chain is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

Featured Business

Rocla AGV Solutions
Leading developer & manufacturer of automated guided vehicles (AGVs) tailored to the customers' specific needs.

Fact of the week

The earliest known production of steel is seen in pieces of ironware excavated from an archaeological site in Anatolia and are nearly 4,000 years old, dating from 1800 BC. The main reasons for the popularity of steel are the relatively low cost of making, forming, and processing it, the abundance of its two raw materials (iron ore and scrap), and its unparalleled range of mechanical properties.