Toyota 7FBCU525:
wandering steering

I have an issue with this toyota where the truck steering wanders, when you turn the steering wheel to compensate it takes off in the other direction with even just a small turn of the wheel and you end up chasing it back and forth, it is impossible to drive a straight line. we have changed the steer cylinder, orbitrol, and rebuilt the steer motor with no avail, anyone have any ideas?
  • Posted 23 Mar 2013 08:36
  • Discussion started by 67dave67
  • British Columbia, Canada
Showing items 1 - 3 of 3 results.
Check your steering linkages... will do this if extremely worn
  • Posted 28 Aug 2014 10:04
  • Reply by jtuck
  • South Carolina, United States
normally in sitdown rider electric's the orbitrol is what keeps the steer pressure in either direction in check and as you turn the steering wheel the valves in the orbitrol divert pressure to either side of the steering cylinder to tell it which way to move. So i would say its in the orbitrol valve. Since you say you replaced it then maybe the orbitrol valve you put on it is faulty?
- Hooked up correctly?
- Does it have a steering sensor on it at the wheels by some strange chance?(unlikely but toyota has been known to throw in things like this on thier trucks before that you dont normally see on other brands)
- steering priority valve (unlikely also as it only diverts pressure from the hydraulics to provide consistant pressure to the steering above hydraulics)

this really does sound like an orbitrol valve issue to me.

just some thoughts to ponder
  • Posted 23 Mar 2013 23:47
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
Could the pressure in the steer circuit be to high?- just a thought
  • Posted 23 Mar 2013 10:34
  • Reply by bbforks
  • Pennsylvania, United States
bbforks (at) Hotmail (dot) com
Customers love technology- until they have to pay to fix it!

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Crown CG33P5
Australia Victoria
China
Japan
Australia Victoria
United States Pennsylvania

In the Virtual Expo

NSS16-20N2(I) sit-on stackers from Cat® Lift Trucks
These flexible sit-on pallet stackers are ergonomically designed for intensive stacking and internal transport, long distances and shifts, and stacking up to 7.0 metres.

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Toyota 40-3FD60
China
Australia Victoria
Japan
United States Pennsylvania

In the Virtual Expo

NL Series 4.0T-mini 5.0TLi-ion Battery Forklift from UN Forklifts
UN Forklift's new 4.0T-mini 5.0TLi-ion Battery Forklift is part of their NL Series, using UN's internal combustion design with the tough chassis, frame, counterweight and mast.
“…I'm happy to report that we recently appointed an ideal candidate who found us via the Forkliftaction ad. This speaks volumes from my point of view.” - Hamish Clark, President...
Tailift has announced the release of their Z-Series lithium-battery electric forklifts! Built specifically to meet the needs of warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.

Upcoming Events

March 20-23, 2023 - Chicago, United States
May 18-20, 2023 - Guangzhou, China
June 28-29, 2023 - Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts