Crown UNKNOWN:
Upgrading Crown forklift battery to lithium

I've bought a Crown forklift with a dead battery. I don't know much about the forklift but I do know that it worked when I tested it with a lithium battery that I brought for testing (at first the battery indicator didn't light up at all, but on a second go, it worked fine).

So my questions are, what might the power rating of the motor be? I'm looking at either running it with a 10kW or 15kW LiFePO4 16s battery. Does anyone know what voltage range a 48V Crown forklift can accept?

I don't have much information on the forklift, but the serial number is 9A100283R and it appears to have a maximum capacity of 2315kg.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
  • Posted 7 May 2024 20:55
  • Discussion started by Ruben_Muller
  • New South Wales, Australia

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Movers & Shakers
Ian Cooke Ian Cooke
Director of Academy, Lifting Equipment Engineers Association
Vice President of Manufacturing, Clark Material Handling
Vice President of Finance, Clark Material Handling
Chief Executive Officer, UK Material Handling Association
Latest job alerts …
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Opa Locka, Miami, United States
Paducah, KY, United States
Houston, Texas, United States

PREMIUM business

Rocla AGV Solutions
Leading developer & manufacturer of automated guided vehicles (AGVs) tailored to the customers' specific needs.
Fact of the week
This year Japan's seventh busiest airport in Osaka, Kansai International Airport, celebrates its 30th anniversary with a strong claim: since opening in September 1994, they have not lost a single piece of luggage.
Global Industry News
edition #1183 - 13 June 2024
Hundreds of millions of dollars are pouring into the United States from some big hitters in the materials handling sector... Continue reading
Upcoming in the editorial calendar
DIGITISED STOCK CONTROL AND FORKLIFTS
May 2024
PRODUCTION OF MATERIALS HANDLING EQUIPMENT IN NORTH AMERICA
Aug 2024