Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Diagnozer
  • JayR
  • Florida, United States
What cable do you use to connect Diagnozer to Cat lifts? The cables I see have a 9pin 2-row plug opposite machine end. Where do you plug this in? Do you need a separate com-link to plug this cable into and then into laptop? Machine also has a round cat-9pin diag connector- same as heavy equip. I have a cat-com 3 that will connect to lift but Diagnozer wont communicate with it. Should I be able to? If not, why does it have it?? FYI This is a diesel lift. Thanks
  • Posted 12 Feb 2019 06:49 AM
  • • Modified 12 Feb 2019 07:34 AM by poster
Total replies: 1. Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
Replies
  • swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
well that sounds like the cable diagnozer uses.

a square rectangle'ish plug with 2 rows of pins, the connector has some special ridges that allow only it to fit in the female connector on the truck harness. The end that connects to the pc side is a db9 serial and with today's computers you will need a usb to serial adapter. The newer cables they have may have a usb connector on the pc end now but the older cables had db9 serial.
You can only obtain these cables from caterpillar officially. An aftermarket solution MAY be available but i wouldn't hold my breath on that, they are not in the practice in letting their proprietary software or hardware out, it is dealership specific and only given to trained technicians and the software is tagged to the computer service tag it is installed on.

You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
  • Posted 12 Feb 2019 12:18 PM
  • • Modified 12 Feb 2019 12:18 PM by poster
Total replies: 1. Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads

©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x