Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Brake bleeding procedure
  • tdarr
  • Florida, United States
Can anyone tell me if there is a certain sequence to bleeding brakes on this model. I have started at calipers and worked way back up through both cylinders on master then up to the two bleeders on energizer that are at the highest point. Inching pedal is getting firm but not brake pedal.

tdarr@appi.us
  • Posted 15 Aug 2018 01:03 AM
Total replies: 7. Showing items 1 - 7 of 7 results.
Replies
If that is a GPX50 then Clark recommends begin bleeding the master cylinders then selector valve and finally bleed at the wheel cylinders.
  • Posted 18 Aug 2018 04:12 AM
  • tdarr
  • Florida, United States
Thank you for reply. I have got firm pedal for right brake but the inching pedal will not stop forklift dead when pedal is pushed to floor. It is applying the brakes but does not do abrupt stop like right brake pedal. It used to do this. At a slow creep with inching pedal it will stop pretty fast just not dead in its tracks. Just seems like it still has air in system. Have you seen this before?
  • Posted 18 Aug 2018 04:35 AM
yes, the inching pedal will travel further than brake pedal on most models. however you may be able to ajust the mechanical linkage on the inch pedal to get solid brake application. if you feel the inching pedal is spongy then re-bleed.
  • Posted 21 Aug 2018 05:01 AM
Also. bleed the inch circuit last and make sure to bleed at the transmission bleed port. Both the brake pedal and inch pedal should have about 1/3 of an inch free play.
  • Posted 21 Aug 2018 05:09 AM
  • Ruben
  • New York, United States
Hello gents, got a related question, what type of fluid is used in brake master gcx50? I have vague memory of parts man asking what master i was using, dot or mineral fluid. I recall it was at clark dealer. What say you? Rubin
  • Posted 21 Sep 2018 10:00 AM
  • tdarr
  • Florida, United States
DOT 5 Silicone brake fluid only.
  • Posted 21 Sep 2018 09:57 PM
  • tdarr
  • Florida, United States
The brakes have been working good after bleeding procedure was done some time ago. We are now experiencing the right brake pedal at times will got to floor and not stop lift. Left inching pedal is still working normal. No brake fluid is being lost, stays full on both reservoirs. Does it intermittently then work as normal. Anyone had this happen before?
  • Posted 3 May 2019 09:37 PM
Total replies: 7. Showing items 1 - 7 of 7 results.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help!

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ads
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia
Contact Forkliftaction.com
About Forkliftaction
The Forkliftaction Team
Privacy Policy
Site Map
Help
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries
Blog articles
Our Bloggers

Industry Brands
Company Index
Regions & Countries
Machinery-onQ.com

Advertise on Forkliftaction
Editorial Features / Calendar
Featured Businesses
Past News Editions
Industry Associations
Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

x