Discussion:
Key Fobs and Keypads

Are there any guidelines or Legislation that stipulates how long the Key fob/pads should last until it automatically times outs once the operator dismounts their Fork Lift Truck?
  • Posted 24 Jan 2014 18:48
  • Discussion started by as96
  • Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Showing items 1 - 2 of 2 results.
So far every customer I've been to has asked for the time out period to be set to 5 minutes.

If the operator is to lazy to even press a button to switch the truck of & instead having it time out when leaving it parked up during break times / end of shift then that's an issue for there manager to deal with.
  • Posted 2 Mar 2014 00:52
  • Reply by Forkingabout
  • england, United Kingdom
i'm not sure on legislation on this feature but in most cases i've seen when it comes to the truck timing out after the operator leaves the seat, it generally is set at a default time of around 30 seconds.
It is usually adjustable and can be shortened or lengthened depending on the desire of the owner. I'm pretty sure as part of the OPS (operator presence system) required to be implemented on machines now it just has to be present on the machine and operational.
There is alot of info to sift through in the OSHA and ANSI standard data and finding that particular reference is cumbersome. Maybe someone else already knows of this and can shed some better light on it. ;o)
  • Posted 2 Mar 2014 00:46
  • Modified 2 Mar 2014 00:47 by poster
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Terex posts strong 2023 results Norwalk, CT, United States
Upcoming industry events …
February 21-22, 2024 - Birmingham, United Kingdom
May 2-4, 2024 - Chennai, India
May 27-29, 2024 - Trieste, Italy
Fact of the week
The Moon is now about 18 times further away from Earth than when it was formed 4.5 billion years ago.
Terberg YT223-4X2
Balling, Denmark
Used - Sale
SMV (Konecranes) 16-1200B
Balling, Denmark
Used - Sale

PREMIUM business

BSL New Energy Technology Co., Ltd
BSLBATT - practical expertise and excellent design in the industrial lithium-ion battery market.
Movers & Shakers
Louis Esquerre-Pourtere Louis Esquerre-Pourtere
Director of Research and Development, Exotec
Chief Technology Officer , Harting Technology Group
Chief Executive Officer, Magline
Chief Executive Officer for the Asia Pacific Region, DB Schenker
Nichiyu FB28PN77B367RRC
Yokohama, Japan
Used - Sale
Mitsubishi SBP16NS
Victoria, Australia
Used - Sale