Discussion:
the End of Materials Handling as it is known today

The Materials Handling market is about to change. With only around six or seven of the world's manufactures serving. With in the next 10 years most warehouse will be completely different Companies like KION of China DAMATIC or TOYOTA of Japan VANDERLANDE will dominate the warehouse business with hole turnkey products. Pallet trucks, reach trucks VNA truck will all be replaced with automated equipment.

Counter balance forklift sales will also decline and be replaced with complete handling systems that will be able to move products around a facility with out the need of an operator. Out side the facility there will also be big changes Both Diesel and electric forklifts will be replaced with 100% zero emission products that will have much longer ranges then electric forklifts and will be able to handle loads up to 72,000kg while being 100% zero emission. Companies Like Hyster who have backed Hydrogen to the tune of up to $260 million investment will see this disappear as hydrogen forklifts wont be able to compete with the new technologies that will offer lower cost's ,no need for high pressure systems ,be less explosive and more cost effective than hydrogen.
  • Posted 22 Feb 2020 07:11
  • Discussion started by Exalteze
  • Halifax, United Kingdom
Exalt leading the way to a zero emission future
Showing items 331 - 345 of 467 results.
hate to burst his bubble but i just happen to know that hyster will fair just fine.
NACCO has weathered rough times before and made it through it just fine before, and they will do it again. His so called predictions are just wishful thinking in his delusional mind.

and btw, we're still waiting for his miracle machine aren't we?
(sighs)
  • Posted 17 Sep 2020 22:44
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
Only 2 weeks left before the Forklift Apocalypse begins! I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure glad I don't work for Hyster.
  • Posted 17 Sep 2020 21:58
  • Reply by ChrisK
  • Kansas, United States
I'm not I can't hold my breath that long I'll die
  • Posted 5 Sep 2020 20:43
  • Reply by lifter01
  • West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure he's out negotiating to buy the remains of Hyster once he runs them out of business at the end of the year.
  • Posted 3 Sep 2020 21:58
  • Reply by ChrisK
  • Kansas, United States
Is that thing powered by Prozac or Zoloft?
  • Posted 3 Sep 2020 20:02
  • Reply by triumphrider
  • Texas, United States
I wouldn't hold your breath!!
  • Posted 3 Sep 2020 17:01
  • Reply by mrLifter
  • Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Well Q4 is Almost upon us has anybody heard anything about the upcoming reveal??? I did notice he's gone very quiet again
  • Posted 3 Sep 2020 07:31
  • Modified 3 Sep 2020 07:32 by poster
  • Reply by lifter01
well that pending release is almost upon us isn't it?
A while back he did say the 4th quarter didn't he?
Well its basically here yes? couple more months but i'm sure he's just polishing it up getting it ready for the trade shows eh? ??
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 23:02
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
I'm sure that Yale / Hyster just cut production by 25% over fears of the pending release of Exalt's Super Truck and are using Covid to hide that fact.
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 21:59
  • Reply by ChrisK
  • Kansas, United States
All and I do mean ALL lift truck companies are hurting right now. Dave , Hyster / Yale posted their company results as a way to be truthful to the public. Get out of your parents basement, get some fresh air,OR go hang out with Joe Biden in his basement. You never know, he could use a good spin doctor right now and we would never hear from you again
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 20:39
  • Reply by triumphrider
  • Texas, United States
Dave once again people on here have asked you specific questions about your wonder-truck and all you post is drivel about how your the only one in the world who can offer a 100% zero emission truck. Where is it Dave?? Is it hiding in Halifax?? Or has it been fitted with a Klingon cloaking device?? Please answer peoples questions and show your truck to the world Dave April 2019 came and went (you were going to show it then and announced you would on here) now your saying Q3 this year will it a tualy see the light of day?? I'm betting not
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 06:33
  • Reply by lifter01
Blah blah blah, where's proof of your truck, if you had any the easiest thing in the world would be to show us all some proof to shut us up.....I won't hold my breath!
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 06:09
  • Reply by mrLifter
Ok Lets look at a laden container handling Reach Stacker in Europe as this is the largest market for these machines. A standard Reach Stacker not a eco drive one will use 18L of diesel per hour at a cost of 1.1 euro per litter, the service cost of one of these machines wouldbe around 8 Euro per hour, lets say the machine cost is 450,000 euro so the Total Cost Of Ownership based over a 10 year life working 2,000 hours per year is Euro 1,006,000. the rental price of our reach stacker would include fuel and service would be 79,000 euro per year or 790,00 for the full 10 year life. also our machine will produce 0kg of CO2 compared to 964,800kg of CO2 from the standared Reach Stacker.

we said way back in March this pandemic will have a massive effect on OEM's, we are now seeing this in their 1st half results, The full year results will be even more dredfull. What will happen before the mid point in 2021 will be a number of OEM's in the Larger truck market go out of business or be taken over. Hyster will anouce the Closing of Nijmegen and look for a partner on their smaller trucks.

Most of the other major OEM's have something to cover the sustainable market in big trucks, What hyster have is a hydrogen project that will end up seeing them being taken over because they won't be able to support the losses from this project
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 03:28
  • Modified 14 Aug 2020 05:42 by poster
  • Reply by Exalteze
  • Halifax, United Kingdom
Exalt leading the way to a zero emission future
Agree - his dribble is like try to eat a soup sandwich.
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 03:24
  • Reply by johnr_j
  • Georgia, United States
"Have An Exceptional Day!"
It's the lowest cost of ownership as it does not exist, never before have I heard so much crap, to be honest I am thinking after 10 years plus of spouting nonsense about this mythical truck that it's all a big wind up!
  • Posted 14 Aug 2020 02:59
  • Reply by mrLifter

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Ancenis, France French equipment maker Manitou has recorded strong growth in the last quarter and for the last calendar year. “The group continues to accelerate its growth by closing the year...
Lancashire, United Kingdom UK third-party logistics provider Kammac has boosted its forklift fleet in a significant contract with Jungheinrich UK. The five-year rental fleet management deal will see Jungheinrich supply electric counterbalance...

Upcoming Events

March 20-23, 2023 - Chicago, United States
May 18-20, 2023 - Guangzhou, China
June 28-29, 2023 - Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Inside Forkliftaction

After some pessimism last year, the International Monetary Fund has increased its 2022 and 2023 growth forecasts. Global growth will slow from 3.4% in 2022 to 2.9% in 2023 and then rebound to 3.1%, the global agency predicts.
The IMF is encouraged by the recent reopening of China, which it
...Continue Reading
“…I'm happy to report that we recently appointed an ideal candidate who found us via the Forkliftaction ad. This speaks volumes from my point of view.” - Hamish Clark, President...
Automation solutions applied to the material handling world are continuously evolving. The latest technology development in Bolzoni has been to design and manufacture fully electric driven attachments to fit Automated Guided Vehicles.

Upcoming Events

March 20-23, 2023 - Chicago, United States
May 18-20, 2023 - Guangzhou, China
June 28-29, 2023 - Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Packaging Innovations & Empack, Featuring Contract Pack & Fulfilment, will be held at the NEC Birmingham on 15 & 16 February, 2023, and is free for attendees.
Automation solutions applied to the material handling world are continuously evolving. The latest technology development in Bolzoni has been to design and manufacture fully electric driven attachments to fit Automated Guided Vehicles.

In the Virtual Expo

SMS RI Multi-colour Print & Cut Industrial Labelling System
This unique in-house label printer manages all your customised label printing - the most user-friendly and efficient print & cut system ever. Easy to use, reliable, produces durable signs and labels.

Movers & Shakers

senior marketing manager
Tompkins Robotics, United States
chief digital officer
Wiferion, Germany
director of dealer development
Toyota Material Handling, United States
director of national accounts
Toyota Material Handling, United States