Clark GCX15E:
Problem with brakes and forward/reverse

I have a Clark GCX15e forklift that got flooded from two hurricanes. I had so much damage on my home it was four months before I had a chance to look at the forklift because it is at a different location than my house. The brakes were locked up and the pad on one wheel came off with the drum. I changed the oil in the engine and transmission and thought I got all the oil out. No water got into the hydraulics and have no problem with the hydraulics. The forklift will go forward and reverse while it is cold and then will not go either direction and I have no brakes. I bought new brake shoes and seals and just took the two master cylinders behind the steering column apart and cleaned them because there was a 2-4 week delivery and I need my forklift now. I also took the two wheel cylinders and inching valve apart and cleaned them and they all looked good. I would have put a kit in all of them put could not locate them. I cannot bleed the brakes and have no pedal no matter what I do, I have hooked up a vacuum pump to the bleeder valve and at the same time put 18 lbs of pressure on the reservoir cap and that did not help. While I was doing all of that I had someone working the brake pedal. I have finally got fluid on the bleeder on the inch valve but not to wheel cylinder. I have taken all the lines l could get to and blew air through them. I could not get the ones off the valve block on top of transmission and really do not know how to take the whole assembly off and tear it apart and either clean or replace it. I also have 5 gallons of transmission oil and a new filter.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.
  • Posted 27 Nov 2021 01:22
  • Discussion started by Jim_Flowers
  • Louisiana, United States
Jim Flowers
Showing items 1 - 1 of 1 results.
I fixed the problem with the forklift not going into forward or reverse after 4 or 5 minutes. The floods ruint my alternator. The forklift ran great and started right up but I had to jump it off each time I used it. Jumping it off but enough charge in the battery long enough to run 4 or 5 minutes and then would not hold the forward/reverse swich and the switch would stay in neutral.
  • Posted 6 Jan 2022 15:04
  • Reply by Jim_Flowers
  • Louisiana, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Motion+ Fleet by Exide Technologies offers a complete, web-based, forklift battery fleet and charger management package that guarantees optimization of battery consumption and productivity to improve warehouse efficiency and cost savings.
The Big Logistics Diversity Challenge - a team-building event open to the logistics industry - will take place on 23 June, 2022 at Newark Showground in the heart of the East Midlands

In the Virtual Expo

The new A140-160-Short range from Carer
Carer expands their range of AS series with the new A140-160-Short - powerful and efficient high-capacity electric forklifts with extremely short and narrow chassis.

Inside Forkliftaction

The World Bank is tipping a slowdown, with growth expected to decrease from 5.5% in 2021 to 4.1% this year.
Reasons for the slowing growth rate include ongoing virus threats, reduction in government aid and slipping demand.
However, the materials handling market appears to be bucking the trend, with the
...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features

1. REDUCING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - Feb/Mar 2022
2. MH MANUFACTURING IN EUROPE - Apr/May 2022

Inside Forkliftaction

The World Bank is tipping a slowdown, with growth expected to decrease from 5.5% in 2021 to 4.1% this year.
Reasons for the slowing growth rate include ongoing virus threats, reduction in government aid and slipping demand.
However, the materials handling market appears to be bucking the trend, with the
...Continue Reading
At present, not only can a superior power option from RoyPow increase your material handling productivity, but it can also be safer by using built-in multiple protections & software systems via remote monitoring, OTA (over the air), control panel & BMS (battery management system).
Find your audience, build your brand, and develop stronger leads with Forkliftaction. TAKE THE NEXT STEP Download your copy of the 2022 Media Kit here   Contact Us for advertising...

In the Virtual Expo

SEMAX Material Handling's unique forklift design places the mast behind the cab for maximum driver visibility.
SEMAX Material Handling's unique forklift design places the mast behind the cab for maximum driver visibility when driving, loading, and unloading.

Next Editorial Features

Bolzoni has recently delivered more than 70 RC-F rotators, designed for foundry operations, to a Russian leading company in the global aluminium industry.
The Big Logistics Diversity Challenge - a team-building event open to the logistics industry - will take place on 23 June, 2022 at Newark Showground in the heart of the East Midlands

In the Virtual Expo

The new A140-160-Short range from Carer
Carer expands their range of AS series with the new A140-160-Short - powerful and efficient high-capacity electric forklifts with extremely short and narrow chassis.

Inside Forkliftaction

...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features