Discussion:
nissan MA 01

i have a nissan electric truck MA-01-l-15u from possibly 1987.
lift and steering work fine but forward and reverse do not.
i just bought the truck and previous owner indicated that it was intermittent and when i went to see it it would power up.2 days later when i picked it up it would not.
anyone have a wiring or service manual for it?
any ideas where i should be looking?
thanks to all and happy to be part of this forum.
  • Posted 3 Dec 2013 15:21
  • Discussion started by superlift
  • Louisiana, United States
Showing items 31 - 35 of 35 results.
Do what??????? 3 golf batteries? sensitive? yes as most electrical things are and especially cards and choppers. The unit should have a pump cut card located on it. Do this.......... back probe the positive and negative cables off the batteries with volt meter and when driving it under load ( hard accel) what do the volts drop to? The hydro pump will be the big energy user Approx 350 amp dead headed. I am not sure what AH rating those batteries have but it isnt helping the situation. It will be hard to diagnose problem without proper battery and amp hour rating. Never seen a set up with golf batteries before on a sitdown rider as such. I am suspecting unit is dropping contactors due to low voltage as the golfers cant keep up. The golfers are cannot maintain a constant and reliable voltage range due to capcity is what i am thinking. You do not want more than 3 to 4 volt drop when accelerating. The pump cut card works by kind of averaging the voltage and going into cut. Let me know what the voltage drops to. There sould be a switch on dash thats marked power /eco. Perform the test set on power.
  • Posted 24 Dec 2013 12:04
  • Reply by RCAV8TOR
  • Alabama, United States
What i used to do all day now takes me all day to do.
i'll open the console and check it out.the loss of drive power is intermittent.sometimes it'll shut off when you back off throttle completely.reseting the f/r lever gets it going again but sometimes it doesn't.
you can always hear the hum of the controller and the contactors close but as soon as you touch the accel the contactors cut out and hum stops.reseting the f/r gets the hum back on and cycle repeatsthis happens in forward or reverse.are these trucks very sensitive to input voltage/amps?
it's currently running on 3 8volt golf cart batteries.i'd like to sort this out first before splurging for a $3k battery.
the forks and power steering always function.
thanks.
  • Posted 24 Dec 2013 10:44
  • Modified 24 Dec 2013 10:48 by poster
  • Reply by superlift
Sir this lift does have a cabin relay that is located in bezel with key switch. But if truck always comes on, cabin relay is good. Possibly you had a stuck or welded tip that freed up when you were wiggling wires. If truck acts again, check tips and as i mentioned before, remove the forward-n-reverse swith and take out the 4 phillip headed screws. Inside you will find leaf contacts. Check for cracks in leafs or metallic flake bridge on leafs. Also the throttle may be not returning all the way. These trucks have a throttle module that can be a real pain to set up if tinkered with and not familiar with it. I do not suggest adjusting anything in them unless you have set one up before.
  • Posted 24 Dec 2013 10:07
  • Reply by RCAV8TOR
  • Alabama, United States
truck always comes on,it's only forward and reverse that acted up.
moved the wiring around a bit and reconnected the control module a couple of times and all seems ok but for how long?
seat switch was bypassed and no cabin relay on this unit.
anyone with an electrical service book?
btw,unit was built july 1985.
i saw a service manual for a 1983 model.any similarities?
  • Posted 18 Dec 2013 15:49
  • Modified 18 Dec 2013 15:51 by poster
  • Reply by superlift
Check your seat switch and cabin relay for no power up. Relay is located underneath keyswitch bezel. Check battery voltage first. Should show atleast batt volts or more (count yer cells and double them...... 12 is 24v, 18 is 36v ).While bezel is off, be good time to check f-n-r switch and ign switch.
  • Posted 10 Dec 2013 11:30
  • Reply by RCAV8TOR
  • Alabama, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Tessenderlo, Belgium An intermediary holding company, Hyundai Genuine, has been established, following the purchase in August of Doosan Infracore by Hyundai Heavy Industries Group. Doosan Infracore has since been renamed Hyundai-Doosan...
Dawsonville, GA If federal workplace safety requirements had been followed, a North Georgia site grading and pipeline contractor could have prevented the death of a 24-year-old worker who was killed in...

Upcoming Events

April 23-27, 2022 - Orlando, Florida, United States
May 31 – June 2, 2022 - Stuttgart, Germany
September 20-22, 2022 - Auckland, New Zealand
October 4 – 6, 2022 - Antwerp, Belgium

Movers & Shakers

chief sales office
Seegrid, United States
general manager
AITT, United Kingdom
business line leader
Terex Rough Terrain Cranes, Schaffhausen, Switzerland
managing director
Baoli EMEA, Milan, Italy
Gentilly, France French autonomous mobile robot (AMR) maker iFollow is promising to “transform order picking and heavy load transport in warehouses and logistics operations” in the UK, with a contract with...
Fairfax, VI, United States Local police have confirmed that a 43-year-old man has died following a workplace accident at the Home Depot in Fairfax, Virginia. Officers and Fire and Rescue personnel responded for...

Upcoming Events

Movers & Shakers

chief sales office
Seegrid, United States
general manager
AITT, United Kingdom
business line leader
managing director
Baoli EMEA, Milan, Italy
Tessenderlo, Belgium An intermediary holding company, Hyundai Genuine, has been established, following the purchase in August of Doosan Infracore by Hyundai Heavy Industries Group. Doosan Infracore has since been renamed Hyundai-Doosan...
London, United Kingdom The UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has raised concerns over the proposed merger of Cargotec and Konecranes. Cargotec and Konecranes both offer a range of container handling equipment...

Upcoming Events

Movers & Shakers

chief sales office
Seegrid, United States
general manager
AITT, United Kingdom
business line leader