Caterpillar V50D:
misfire, backfire, then dies

This morning one of our forklifts wouldnt idle, it would misfire when starting for a few seconds then die. When trying to press the accel. pedal it would immediately backfire and die. After looking at it i noticed that when removing 1 plug wire from its sparkplug it would start right up. so i replaced the spark plug. when i start it with the spark plug wire disconnected it runs fine as soon as i connect the wire to the plug it misfires and dies. any idea?
Update:
When i remove the 2nd cyl spark plug wire from the cylinder it runs fine as soon as i slide the wire down the sleeve before i get to the plug it revs up and dies.
Is this a possible exhaust valve problem.
  • Posted 31 Jul 2020 01:33
  • Modified 31 Jul 2020 02:52 by poster
  • Discussion started by rclfmaint
  • Virginia, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

Increased expectations for operational efficiency and meeting regulations while ensuring safety during operations are setting new demands for cargo weighing and the management of weighing data.
With highly trained engineering teams under each of the entities of the Integrated Warehouse Solutions group, there are unlimited possibilities when it comes to creating product solutions.
Increased expectations for operational efficiency and meeting regulations while ensuring safety during operations are setting new demands for cargo weighing and the management of weighing data.
TEMS launches its new software to help businesses record, manage and schedule Thorough Examinations.
With highly trained engineering teams under each of the entities of the Integrated Warehouse Solutions group, there are unlimited possibilities when it comes to creating product solutions.
Vehicle design and function is changing rapidly - how does this affect other essential features such as vehicle work lighting? TYRI is looking to enlighten the industry on future trends and effective lighting in a new education platform.