Hyster H90XMS:
Hydraulics. Mast lowering

I'm still waiting for my service manual to show up. I have a H90XMS with a S/N of K005D02125X. The lift cylinders are lowering without touching the controls. I am looking for some help on troubleshooting this or a schematic.
  • Posted 8 Jul 2013 07:35
  • Discussion started by brokendirtbike
  • Washington, United States
Hard working with little time for hard playing
josh dot olivia gmail
Showing items 1 - 4 of 4 results.
If the Lift cylinders retract when the lift spool is in the neutral position here are some suggestions to check for...

- Cylinder seals leak or check valve for lift spool leaks.
- Large leaks between the spool and bore in the main control valve.
- Hydraulic line(s) leak. (if there are no visible leaks then rule this out and look at the first 2 problems)
  • Posted 14 Jul 2013 14:34
  • Reply by swoop223
  • North Carolina, United States
You've been swooped!
swoop223@gmail.com
There regular controls not electronic.
  • Posted 14 Jul 2013 01:56
  • Reply by brokendirtbike
josh dot olivia gmail
What a easy way to diagnose a problem. Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.
  • Posted 14 Jul 2013 01:55
  • Reply by brokendirtbike
josh dot olivia gmail
Does it have electronic mini-levers or regular hand lever? I use a block off system to determine if I have a valve malfunction or cylinder packing. As old as this truck is, I would look closely at cylinder packing being the issue. Start by blocking off the free lift cylinder. I use a ball type valve to install in line, raise cylinder and close ball valve. If it drifts downward, you have found it. If not move the valve to the lift cylinders, if you do not have downward drift, the control valve is leaking by. If you get drift, one or both lift cylinders is leaking internally.
  • Posted 8 Jul 2013 13:18
  • Reply by meliftman
  • Alabama, United States
Liftman
Retired
Elberta, Al.

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Manitou M50-4
Australia Victoria
United States Pennsylvania
China

Your Focus

Stuart Taylor
Stuart Taylor

Inside Forkliftaction

The world's biggest equipment rental company, United Rentals, is about to become even bigger with its acquisition of Ahern Rentals.
This is just the latest in a string of rental acquisitions this year, prompted by rising demand for equipment at a time when supply lines are tight and purchase prices
...Continue Reading

Next Editorial Features

FLEET MANAGEMENT - September
CONTAINER HANDLING - November

Latest Jobs

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Peoria, IL, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Load Lifter LABORER8000
Canada Ontario
Australia Victoria
Australia Victoria
Denmark

In the Virtual Expo

UN Forklifts NL Series Li-ion Battery Forklift
The new NL series forklift from UN Forklifts uses UN's proven internal combustion design with advanced lithium technology. Operates indoors and outdoors, with great waterproof and dustproof performance.

Fact of the week

John Lennon had terrible eyesight and was very self-conscious about it. Early in his career, he would not wear his glasses during performances. In the end, John's 'granny glasses' became one of his most iconic trademarks. His last pair, worn on that tragic day in 1980, are kept at 'The Beatles Story' exhibit in Liverpool, insured for over £1 million.
UN's new NL series lithium battery forklift, with capacity from 2,000 to 3,500kg, uses IC forklift's tough design with electric forklift benefits, making it convenient and efficient.
Safety in operations is gaining increasing attention these days. Potential risks associated specifically with warehouses and production areas are becoming especially apparent at times when goods handling is extremely busy. However, the growing portfolio of safety solutions from Linde Material Handling (MH) can assist.

Featured Business

BSL New Energy Co., Ltd
BSLBATT - practical expertise and excellent design in the industrial lithium-ion battery market.

Inside Forkliftaction

The world's biggest equipment rental company, United Rentals, is about to become even bigger with its acquisition of Ahern Rentals.
This is just the latest in a string of rental acquisitions this year, prompted by rising demand for equipment at a time when supply lines are tight and purchase prices
...Continue Reading