Hyster S50C:
Great idle, stalls when givin fuel.

I have a S50C with a flat head 4cyl Continental, the engine will idle fine, but as soon as you press on the accelerator it wants to stall out. When pressing the button on the vaporizer the problem disappears, so I replaced the vaporizer and the problem is still there. I noticed the fuel line from the vaporizer to the carb is worn, but doesn't appear to be any leaks, is it the carburetor? The truck has sat for about a month and ran perfect before this.

Thanks
Bob
  • Posted 31 Aug 2010 23:00
  • Discussion started by robert_n
  • Ohio, United States
Showing items 1 - 3 of 3 results.
It turns out the fuel line coming from the vaporizer which i thought was fine and only changed because I happened to have a piece that fit on hand solved my problem. So yes you were right it was staring me in the face.
  • Posted 11 Sep 2010 07:17
  • Reply by robert_n
  • Ohio, United States
Check the Rego fitting for o-ring inside,remove it if it is, relieve fuel line pressure and then make sure it is screwed all the way back on to the tank after, also check tank to see if it it has fuel in it. It's gonna be something real simple and it's probally staring you in the face.
  • Posted 8 Sep 2010 08:39
  • Reply by roadtech
  • Ohio, United States
Serial # c002d20242y
  • Posted 31 Aug 2010 23:04
  • Reply by robert_n
  • Ohio, United States

Having trouble using the Discussion Forums? Contact us for help.

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.

See your dealership promoted extensively on Forkliftacion and Machinery-onQ with our 12-month dealer advertising package. You'll receive: Wholesale trading (wholesale prices and opportunities) Unlimited stock on Machinery-onQ Extensive promotion...
UN's new NL series lithium battery forklift, with capacity from 2,000 to 3,500kg, uses IC forklift's tough design with electric forklift benefits, making it convenient and efficient.

Featured Business

Gebrueder Frei GmbH & Co.
Worldwide system provider with expertise & experience in mechanical design, electronics development & software development.

Inside Forkliftaction

The world's biggest equipment rental company, United Rentals, is about to become even bigger with its acquisition of Ahern Rentals.
This is just the latest in a string of rental acquisitions this year, prompted by rising demand for equipment at a time when supply lines are tight and purchase prices
...Continue Reading
StocExpo has undergone a rebrand, celebrating the evolution of its exhibition and the energy industry. StockExpo will be held from 14-16 March 2023 at Rotterdam Ahoy, Netherlands.
UN's new NL series lithium battery forklift, with capacity from 2,000 to 3,500kg, uses IC forklift's tough design with electric forklift benefits, making it convenient and efficient.

Movers & Shakers

chief financial officer
Exotec, United Kingdom
vice president of operations
Flux Power, United States
president, North America
CNH Industrial, United Kingdom
Manager - Latin America
CHN Industrial, United Kingdom

FOR SALE ON MACHINERY-ONQ

Taylor TT300
United States Pennsylvania
Canada Ontario
Canada Ontario
Netherlands

In the Virtual Expo

UN Forklifts NL Series Li-ion Battery Forklift
The new NL series forklift from UN Forklifts uses UN's proven internal combustion design with advanced lithium technology. Operates indoors and outdoors, with great waterproof and dustproof performance.

Latest Jobs

Louisville, Mississippi, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Peoria, IL, United States
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Fact of the week

John Lennon had terrible eyesight and was very self-conscious about it. Early in his career, he would not wear his glasses during performances. In the end, John's 'granny glasses' became one of his most iconic trademarks. His last pair, worn on that tragic day in 1980, are kept at 'The Beatles Story' exhibit in Liverpool, insured for over £1 million.